intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well after doing hours of research and got no answers , i took it upon myself to figure it out , yes it will bolt up no problem, but there are some snags along the way , such as since you have a vtec motor and the soleniod is right in the way of the intake manifold , youll need to grind the egde down of the intake . Youll see what im talking about when you get there. Just about 3/4 of an inch off at an angle should do just fine , this will not effect anything !! Another problem youll have is the thermostat housing on your motor will not match up with the intake manifold, there being a big difference from the f-h series thermostat housing , just pick up a thermostat housing for a prelude from the years 92-97, very cheap at your local junk yard, also one morething is the vaccum lines are going to take you a while to figure out , not tooo complicated but time consuming. Your fuel line will need to be cut and lengthened to get to the other side of the motor, another one is the iacv is located on the rear of the air plenum in the f22b1 , h23 is located in the front of the air plenum. So youll need to lengthen the cooant lines and splice the sensor to reach around front , will not make it unless you add 12inches of wire , atleast. With the fuel line , the regulator lines will have to be mod to get it to sit just right at an angle on the intake. uhhh lets see what else . hmmm hmmm oh , you need to use the throttle body from the f22b1 , it has an extra sensor , since its vtec. youll see alot more low to mid power , its a big difference from the tiny intake you have now , i recommend that you piece it in there , trying to set it all together wont happen , its a tight fit once its all in there ,

i hope this helps

oh yes its very much so worth the swap. mainly if your going to boost the motor. compression ratio doesnt change though. the lower the better for boost

Back