1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intake manifolds...Fact or myth?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Ignorant import guy, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Ignorant import guy

Ignorant import guy Senior Member

I have talked to a few people who have said that intake manifolds are dangerous to an engine and dramatically affect the engine's reliability. Fact or myth? I plan to swap a B16A into my civic and was wondering if a manifold was a good investment...not looking to build a race car just a car that stands out more than others. All replies are appreciated.

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

they are retarded...do not listen to them. However, any mod you do does cut cut down on reliability, depending on the mod of course. but to say dramatically and dangerous is waaayyyy over the top. You'll be fine if you add a intake manifold. If it really concerns you that much, get a Type R Manifold, It's OEM and is very good quality.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

yea.. :withstupid: why would an intake manifold be dangerous for a motor.. it is required for it to work.. the only diff. that i could think of.. is the amount of air that enters the motor.. but what do you think and intake does..

4. Ignorant import guy

Ignorant import guy Senior Member

Well i was told this and it was said that because of the significant amount of air entering the engine the stock motor can't handle the power over time because it wasn't made to

5. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

an intake manifold will not yield the kind of power to destroy an engine. people can turbo (lots of air) stock hondas and still see little engine issues as long as they stick to minimal boost.

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:werd: :withstupid:

dont listen to whoever told you that any more... they dont know shit

7. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

I third that. That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Do not let that guy touch your engine.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted