Intake manifolds...Fact or myth?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ignorant import guy

I have talked to a few people who have said that intake manifolds are dangerous to an engine and dramatically affect the engine's reliability. Fact or myth? I plan to swap a B16A into my civic and was wondering if a manifold was a good investment...not looking to build a race car just a car that stands out more than others. All replies are appreciated.

Quoted post[/post]]
I have talked to a few people who have said that intake manifolds are dangerous to an engine and dramatically affect the engine's reliability. Fact or myth? I plan to swap a B16A into my civic and was wondering if a manifold was a good investment...not looking to build a race car just a car that stands out more than others. All replies are appreciated.
they are retarded...do not listen to them. However, any mod you do does cut cut down on reliability, depending on the mod of course. but to say dramatically and dangerous is waaayyyy over the top. You'll be fine if you add a intake manifold. If it really concerns you that much, get a Type R Manifold, It's OEM and is very good quality.

yea.. :withstupid: why would an intake manifold be dangerous for a motor.. it is required for it to work.. the only diff. that i could think of.. is the amount of air that enters the motor.. but what do you think and intake does..

Quoted post[/post]]
yea.. :withstupid: why would an intake manifold be dangerous for a motor.. it is required for it to work.. the only diff. that i could think of.. is the amount of air that enters the motor.. but what do you think and intake does..

Well i was told this and it was said that because of the significant amount of air entering the engine the stock motor can't handle the power over time because it wasn't made to

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Well i was told this and it was said that because of the significant amount of air entering the engine the stock motor can't handle the power over time because it wasn't made to
an intake manifold will not yield the kind of power to destroy an engine. people can turbo (lots of air) stock hondas and still see little engine issues as long as they stick to minimal boost.

:werd: :withstupid:

dont listen to whoever told you that any more... they dont know shit

I third that. That is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Do not let that guy touch your engine.

Back