Intake question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DeCoY

I'm putting a JDM B18C (GSR) Motor into my 1990 Honda civic SI (hatch). I'm looking for a short ram air intake. The problem is, i dont know if a standard gsr short ram will fit in my small car. and the AEM Custom intake for this swap is over 200 dollars.

Anyone know if a regular short ram for a gsr would fit in my lil civic? or have any other ideas?

Thanx

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm putting a JDM B18C (GSR) Motor into my 1990 Honda civic SI (hatch). I'm looking for a short ram air intake. The problem is, i dont know if a standard gsr short ram will fit in my small car. and the AEM Custom intake for this swap is over 200 dollars.

Anyone know if a regular short ram for a gsr would fit in my lil civic? or have any other ideas?

Thanx

I dont have the swap my sell or know anyone who does but look for some pictures on the internet and compare it to your engine bay. You may have to relocate the battery to the trunk of your car. I had a short ram on my d15 and swapped it out for a DOHC ZC and used the same short ram on my ZC that i did on my d15 I just had to move the battery.

you can use a intake for a 92-00 civic or gsr but you'll have to move your battery to the rear of the car. your best bet is to get a intake for a 89-91 crx/civic

if i got an intake for a crx/90 civic would it be big enough for the gsr ?

Look up the throttle body sizes for each motor and go from there. You are still going to most likley have to reloce the battery like Ripper and I said.

Quoted post[/post]]
if i got an intake for a crx/90 civic would it be big enough for the gsr ?
yes

you can find 3" intakes, I had a 2 1/2" on crx and it worked just fine
motor.jpg

b16.jpg

although I didnt have the b18c, and I know the manifolds are different, but the intake will work the same as in the pictures of my old motor (damn I miss that car)

Back