intake secondarys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

overclocking

how can i tell if the intake secondaries are opening on time? my car has no topend and vtec isnt noticeable just the sound. it has good bottomend tho. also my vtec kicks in at 6k. what the heck

gsr motor
p30

dude how many fucking posts did you make about this?

the intake secondaries result in a fairly audible change in the sound of the motor, in fact, the butterflies should make a more noticeable sound change than vtec on a stock motor

wait a min correct me if i am wrong i noticed he is running a gsr motor with a p30 the p30 doesn't have that option for the second butterfly to open am i wrong?

Just a guess that they are not opening because you ecu doesn't have provisions for them, maybe.

I dont think vtec is meant to be a sudden change like boost, besides the sound. Mine doesnt pull really hard once vtec kicks in.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 15 2005, 01:01 AM
wait a min correct me if i am wrong i noticed he is running a gsr motor with a p30 the p30 doesn't have that option for the second butterfly to open am i wrong?
[post=487345]Quoted post[/post]​

The harness i have has a plug for them and the pinout on the ecu is filled so i assume it would work fine.Other than the fuel mapping the ecus arent much different,Besides its temporary. the vtec used to kick in hard when i used an msd activater @ 4300 but i am unrigging the car from the previous owner and finaly after running a knock sensor wire and hooking the vtec back up the cel light is off.However it doesnt have as much balls as it had before seems like it bottoms out at 6-6400rpms.And if the butterfly valve wasnt working wouldnt it stay open not closed??

Plain and simple, if you're using a P30 you are not activating the IABs, period.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 15 2005, 08:16 PM
thank you that is what i was talking about the p30 doesn't have it in its programming!
[post=487675]Quoted post[/post]​

guess its time for a skunk2 intake :D

ok one more question. does the ecu ground the iab solonoid or give it power?? does the iab diafram have vacume at high rpms or low??

thanks again.

Back