Intake swap ? for a d15 to d16 in an 88

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b00sted

Under Pressure
I have looked around on here osme and could not find anything on this.. I have heard of ti done before..

My tps keeps acting up and an Injector pulse problem and of course honda say no longer available and if it was $900.

I was told that I could up grade ti to the Intake like on a d16 but have no clue what I need to do the job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I might turbo the car one day so I am going to need this intake anyways...

Did you change the engine and ECU? If your car is stock and you just want to put on a D16 top end, you'll have to change quite a bit of stuff.

What is your car now, and what do you have done to the engine?

All of the D16 intake manifolds are MPFI. Your D15 (unless it's an HF) is DPFI. You'll have to change ECUs, add wiring, change distributors etc... You can do it, but it's really not worth it compared to just making sure that your TPS wiring is good and getting a new TPS sensor.

Now if you want to upgrade to MPFI for more power or want to drop in a complete D16 engine, that's a different story. Search "DPFI to MPFI conversion" if you're interested in that.

Honda doe snot sell the tps anymore. And when they did it cam ewith the throttle body for a $900 price tag...

Back