Intake Temperature Sensor...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

Hey guys can someone help me out? My 90 Si engine light is on and the ECU is blinking a "code 10"...ITS has a problem....'my' problem...I can't figure out where the freakin' thing is!! Can someone maybe take a picture of this thing in their engine bay and point it out to me? That way I can fix the problem...

Also...would the ITS cause the engine to idle "oddly"...for example...sitting at rest the engine revs a little then slows down, then revs a little and slows down...usually between 1000-2000 rpm??? Would the ITS cause this or something else?

Thanks for any help...

Jason

if i remember right from the 'ol d16a6... it is on the number one cylinder (far right if you standing in front of the car looking at the engine)intake runner sticking off of the side... it is a two wire sensor.

the ECU usually doesnt lie...

10- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Originally posted by DTEC@Dec 3 2003, 10:50 AM
if i remember right from the 'ol d16a6... it is on the number one cylinder (far right if you standing in front of the car looking at the engine)intake runner sticking off of the side... it is a two wire sensor.

the ECU usually doesnt lie...

10- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Actually it's not a D16A6...sorry, my bad...the former owner swapped the engine because his D16 died and it nas in it a D15B2.

Would the ITS cause the 'wonky' idling?

Jason

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 3 2003, 04:17 PM
IAT shouldn't cause bad idling. It causes a slightly noticeable power loss throughout the powerband, but that's about it.

Where the hell is this thing on a D15B2? What would cause that "idling" thing that I mentioned if not the IAT??

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 3 2003, 07:45 PM
intake runner going to the 2nd cylinder

What about on a D15B1? (My STD)

Also...is it possible to take the sensor from my D15B1 and put it on the B2? Should it not be the same? Let me know thanks.

Jason

as far as i know all the IAT sensors have been the same.

i haven't messed around with d series in like 2 years so i dont remember exactly where it is... do you know what it looks like though?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 4 2003, 11:08 AM
as far as i know all the IAT sensors have been the same.

i haven't messed around with d series in like 2 years so i dont remember exactly where it is... do you know what it looks like though?

Don't have a bloody clue? :unsure:

Jason

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 4 2003, 12:40 PM
take some pictures around the intake manifold and the intake itself... and post em

Will do...soon as I get home from work...

Thanks for helping...

Jason

Back