Intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fbizzay

Alright everyone, i'm back with a few questions. I've got a 98 Civic LX. So first question, has anyone gotten those cheap intake systems off ebay before and if you have what did you think. Is there a spot to plug in the senesors or is there something that i could do with those if I got one ect. Second, on the stock intake, there's that black plastic tube that runs towards the front passenger side of the car, under it is a black plastic box that kinda holds it in place. Does anyone know what the crap that is. Thanks.

yea ive bought one and they suck if i was you i would just spend my money on a ex intake mainfold you will get more hp then any cold air intake, and its a very easy swap to

that plastic box on the left side I believe is just a stock air intake. however, I've always wondered why that's really there.

btw, how much money do you have for an air intake?

if you really have the money and want the performance I'd go with an AEM Cold Air Intake with a K&N performance filter.

Any idea how to remove the airbox? I've had a quick look at mine and can't see any nuts clamps etc.
Am I being Stevie Wonder, Forrest Gump or both?

that black box that doesn't seem to do anything at all is a silencer, it restricts air flow and costs you hp, rip it the f**k off.

That black box is also part of the "air cleaner" as honda so cleverly calls it......Its a worthless pile shit...tear it off...and there should be three bolts holding it in...I ripped my hole system out when I bought an AEM CAI

Back