Integra Civic TOKICO suspesion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xxjxxdxx

:worthy: Tokico suspension for 94-01 integra, or 96-01 civic... I bought them for my :worthy: :worthy: GSR :wub: , but then I decided to bag it, the suspension is literally BRAND NEW! I got them cheap B) , and will pass them on for what I got them for $370 plus whatever shipping might cost, or I can meet you somwhere if your in PA, lower NJ, CT, or parts of NY, and MD.. <_<

Originally posted by allbottledup@Sep 10 2004, 07:14 AM
what does the setup come with?
[post=388474]Quoted post[/post]​

FULL set of shocks and springs, lowers 1.75" which is completely safe lowering. ANY more.... you'll need to change cambers, swing arms, everything pretty much, not to mention bottom out on every divit on the road lol.

Tokico suspension for 94-01 integra, or 96-01 civic

I thought these 2 cars had completely different chassis/suspensions. And the 94-01 teg was based off the 92-95 civic. Maybe I'm just retarded cause it's early, but just want to make sure.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 10 2004, 07:43 AM

I thought these 2 cars had completely different chassis/suspensions. And the 94-01 teg was based off the 92-95 civic. Maybe I'm just retarded cause it's early, but just want to make sure.
[post=388486]Quoted post[/post]​

I think it will fit the 92-95 as well, the directions said something u need for the 96-01 civic, if u want a can go re-open the box and find out....? let me know, also you may e-mail me directly jd2002damnit@yahoo.com

Originally posted by xxjxxdxx+Sep 10 2004, 08:50 AM-->
92civicb18b1
@Sep 10 2004, 07:43 AM

[post=388486]Quoted post[/post]​

I think it will fit the 92-95 as well, the directions said something u need for the 96-01 civic, if u want a can go re-open the box and find out....? let me know, also you may e-mail me directly jd2002damnit@yahoo.com
[post=388499]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, I looked at the instructions, and they say you have to use a spacer (which is provided) for hte 96-01 civic, I'm going to get in touch with Tokico and find out exactly what other models and years this suspension kit will fit. My boy has the same set on his integra LS, and its amazing, wonderful ride!

If I wasn't so broke I'd take it, I need to get a new swap first. So BUMP.

I also didn't want someone buying it and for some reason it didn't fit, that would have made you look bad.

I can tell you I've ridden in a car with Tokicos and it really does make a HUGE difference.

89-00 Civic's & 90-01 Integra's use the same suspension, the main difference being in spring rates.

For example I can swap ITR suspension (oem or aftermarket) onto my 90 Integra, with the use of ITR RLCA's.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 10 2004, 10:13 AM
If I wasn't so broke I'd take it, I need to get a new swap first. So BUMP.

I also didn't want someone buying it and for some reason it didn't fit, that would have made you look bad.

I can tell you I've ridden in a car with Tokicos and it really does make a HUGE difference.
[post=388527]Quoted post[/post]​

Deffinatly good lookin out man! I've decided also to include :( with the suspension the REAR of a :worthy: JDM center console, and a :worthy: DC sport Strutt Bar. I also have a 100 sq ft roll of :worthy: FattMatt I would be willing to part with for an additional $40 (its identical to Dynomatt, just doesnt say dynomat).

Originally posted by brian11to1@Sep 10 2004, 01:58 PM
89-00 Civic's & 90-01 Integra's use the same suspension, the main difference being in spring rates.

For example I can swap ITR suspension (oem or aftermarket) onto my 90 Integra, with the use of ITR RLCA's.
[post=388603]Quoted post[/post]​

wrong. only the springs are the same and those might not even be the same through all years and generations over the entire 88-00 timeframe.true the same basic design and function of suspension components but the actual size and shape of the knuckles, shocks, control arms and probably more are all different.

examples:

EF shocks are shorter then EG/DC shocks
EF knuckles are shorter the EG/DA/DC knuckles

and im sure theres a crap load of other differences in the shape and size of a bunch of other suspensions components between different years and generations.

some of these parts may very well bolt together between years and generations but that is far from saying they are the same. you can mess up the geometry of the suspension that way.

example:

even though the DA knuckles will physically bolt to the EF chassis, does no mean that its desireable. even if you are doing it for the increase in braking power (DA's have bigger brakes then EF's for those who didnt know). what results is a messed up allignment that will probably need a camber kit to correct. oh but it doesnt end there. even with the allignment fixed, the added height of the knuckle can cause it and the upper control arm(s) to slam into the chassis on a hard corner or big bump.

sorry for the threadjack

and if your shocks are meant for the DC, then they will fit DC and EG's. i dont know much about the EK suspension but if the directions say that they include the hardware for the EK then ill trust it. :shrug2: you might want to get pics up though, pics are what sells an item. not words.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 10 2004, 04:56 PM-->
brian11to1
@Sep 10 2004, 01:58 PM

[post=388603]Quoted post[/post]​

wrong. only the springs are the same and those might not even be the same through all years and generations over the entire 88-00 timeframe.true the same basic design and function of suspension components but the actual size and shape of the knuckles, shocks, control arms and probably more are all different.

examples:

EF shocks are shorter then EG/DC shocks
EF knuckles are shorter the EG/DA/DC knuckles

and im sure theres a crap load of other differences in the shape and size of a bunch of other suspensions components between different years and generations.

some of these parts may very well bolt together between years and generations but that is far from saying they are the same. you can mess up the geometry of the suspension that way.

example:

even though the DA knuckles will physically bolt to the EF chassis, does no mean that its desireable. even if you are doing it for the increase in braking power (DA's have bigger brakes then EF's for those who didnt know). what results is a messed up allignment that will probably need a camber kit to correct. oh but it doesnt end there. even with the allignment fixed, the added height of the knuckle can cause it and the upper control arm(s) to slam into the chassis on a hard corner or big bump.

sorry for the threadjack

and if your shocks are meant for the DC, then they will fit DC and EG's. i dont know much about the EK suspension but if the directions say that they include the hardware for the EK then ill trust it. :shrug2: you might want to get pics up though, pics are what sells an item. not words.
[post=388713]Quoted post[/post]​

its all good, either way.. they will still fit 94-01 integra's, and 96-01 civics liek it was factory... besides the spacer (which is provided for the 96-01 civics)

if these shocks were for an integra.. then it wouldnt fit a civic.. it will but it'd be too long.. thats what is in my 96 civic right now.. and for the fronts.. if you use integra ones on a 96+ civic.. you will need to use the civic forks.. =)

what kind of tokico suspension is this? for example tokico illuminas with ground control springs. Also would it fit a 92-95 civic hatchback? So for $370 you get the tokico suspension with the strut bar and a jdm center console?? PM ME about it

Back