integra/crx swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1000bhp

i have a 91 crx 1.5, will the engin wireing and running gear from a 91 integra go straight in?

but with the crx compleatly striped to the shell, with every thing gone, will the integra stuff not go straight in?

what doesit matter if its been strippedto hell? theres other work to be done.

Youre asking about putting the 1.5L engine in the Integra? It isnt worth it, it wont go straight in, the car will more of a slug than it already was... and did I mention it isnt worth it?

i know there's a lot of work, im just woundering is it a case of just transfering all the integra stuff over? without haveing to buy other bits and modifie bits??

ok bro it wont go "straight in" it doesnt matter how f'ing stripped it is. you will need to modify your harness from dpfi to mpfi, youll need to add vtec to your existing harness, add for second 02 sensor, swap wires on tps, add wires for dizzy, run all nescassary wires to ecu,buy motor mounts from hasport or place racing, shift linkage , misc cooling hoses, throttle cable, new clutch cable. Plus on top of all that maitence to the swap: rear main, water pump, timing belt, clutch, valve cover. but thats just me on the maintence i go through and change all the seals out. beats it leaking when its in the car. maintenece before performance.

Do a search. This has been covered 10987138759817305713x on this board.

Listen to everyone IT IS NOT A DIRECT DROP IN!!!! You need custom mounts ($350 - hasport) and shift linkage ($50-$150 - hasport). You are going to have to spend quite a bit. To do a b16 swap RIGHT you need about $3000 for everything (including the motor). I know, i've done it. If you cheap out on it, your car will suck, if you spend money for quality parts, your car will be fine.

i dont think noobs know that the search button exist. ive been into great detail about swaps on here and its the same questions over and over and over again

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Jun 10 2004, 05:52 PM
i dont think noobs know that the search button exist. ive been into great detail about swaps on here and its the same questions over and over and over again

They dont....

Let me get this straight you want to put a integra motor into a CRX?

yea, you need mounts, linkages, general maintainence shit... wow... it sounded like you wanted to put a d series in the integra... what year is the integra, what country do you live in? cuase if youa re in the states the Integra doesnt have a B16... unless you swapped it...

Back