Integra funnycar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrahmaBullSQ

Have you guys ever heard about or seen this thing before.

Basically... it is an Integra body that has been elongated and funnycar-ish to accomodate the huge slicks in the back. It remains a fourbanger but is twin turbocharged and I believe it had nitrous as well. Despite it being a four cylinder it was ENTIRELY purpose built. The guys who did it ran mid-5 second quarter miles with it. Pretty impressive for a little four cylinder.

I had seen it on television maybe a year ago but haven't heard/seen about it since. Any info???

that "little 4 banger" is the size of a V8....they bored and stroked that thing to soenthing crazy like a 4 liter i think....its running on a direct drive system i believe....still impressive though, im anxious to see what the official times are going to be.

No kidding... I'm basically asking you guys if you know where to find it at... :roll:

Yeah... it's not a four cylinder that we would slap into a Civic or anything......... Or would we??? :D

its bob norwood's integra... I believe Jojo Callos is supposed to be running it next year... and its a 5.4 litre DOHC 4 cylinder..

Dragster.jpg

yea its a nice daily driver, i though Papadakis was running it? maybe i heard wrong though....

Hardcore ScrapinSi. You found that darling of two turbos.

I'm hoping that will make exhibition passes. That can't even be anywhere NEAR legal in NDRA, IDRC, or NHRA.

Its not even running a honda engine. Its an american big block V8 that was cut in half and bored and stroked to hell. But still impressive.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Dec 24 2003, 03:57 PM
Its not even running a honda engine. Its an american big block V8 that was cut in half and bored and stroked to hell. But still impressive.

WRONG WRONG WRONG! It runs a custom engine that was COMPLETELY made from blocks of aluminum. The block, head, crank, pistons, rods, all were custom machined out of BLOCKS of aluminum.

And last I heard, they haven't found an engine management for it... Nothing can handle the 3 spark plug per cylinder setup... :)

Originally posted by Civic_88ls@Dec 24 2003, 03:40 PM
That thing is insane, and looks almost pointless to be that big.

Theres no replacement for bigger displacement(okay maybe force induction) a little , It makes sense to be that big.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 24 2003, 10:17 PM
same crazy shyt...but the real question is....does it have vtec? <_<

You wouldn't need VTEC crossing over in pro drag racing, I think Vtec is engaged all the time.

lolimagine vtecon that fucker.....500 at the wheels lol.....but its not practical on that much motor....

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Dec 25 2003, 12:50 AM-->
@Dec 24 2003, 03:57 PM

WRONG WRONG WRONG! It runs a custom engine that was COMPLETELY made from blocks of aluminum. The block, head, crank, pistons, rods, all were custom machined out of BLOCKS of aluminum.

And last I heard, they haven't found an engine management for it... Nothing can handle the 3 spark plug per cylinder setup... :)

I know, the block is a custom 1/2 v8 made my some american company that makes bocks for drag cars. I never said it wasn't custom or alluminum! ...Unless this is a different car than the one that I saw in a magazine.

Back