Integra GSR Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alright so first and formost my service required light (not the cel) was flashing for a good 10 seconds after every time I started my car for about a month or more. Just yesterday the light decided it was going to stay on solid constantly. I'm wondering if Acura has that light come on every 3000 for an oil change? So today I put in new spark plugs, changed the oil, and replaced the filter. The light didn't go off but I'm guessing it has to be manually reset? I don't feel like paying 60 dollars to have a shop tell me what codes the ecu is throwing so I'd rather find out myself if there is a way. If any of you know how to do that and could fill me in that'd be great. Also it's making a terrible clunk/banging sound out of the front end when I take off in first. I have a stage II clutch and I do drive it fairly hard I'm thinking a joint might be comeing loose or something having to do with the axles... Any thoughts?

the service light doesnt throw codes, only the cel(check engine light) does. you are somewhat right about it. it comes on when you should be doing maintenance to the car(timing belt etc.) and does need to be manually reset. i forget how to do it, but i had the same problem so someone else on here knows how. not sure about your banging though.

You can reset the service light by turning the key to the "on" position and press and hold the black button underneath the steering column. As for the "clunk" check your motor mounts and front suspension.

just a thought, does that clunking happen when you put it in reverse, because if it did, and your bushing and suspension is tight, i would say its something transmission related, thats an issue i'm having with mine, but its a light sound, not very bad. i'd get it checked, good luck

Back