integra not starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projecteg

built jdm b16
i was doing a tune up on my 96 integra ls. i pulled the spark plugs out changed them, pulled my distributer cap off and was going to change my rotor but i couldnt get the screw out so i just changed the cap. i put everything back together and it will turn over but will not start. i put everything back to the way it was with all the original parts and it still will not start.. does anyone know what could be wrong?

the things i would check would be harness for the dizzy, and the dizzy itself. you also might have made something loose when you couldnt get the rotor off the dizzy. look closely at all the connections. hope you get it running!

when i had trouble with my distributor i went for the small things first. take it off and try a working coil, if that doesnt work try changing the ignitor the ignitor, if either of those arent the problem then you might have to buy a new housing like i had to. that screw is a bear to get off like you said so be careful

Last edited:
ok i bought another cap,rotor,and new plugs again,and a new ignition coil, my car will now run but it has no power, i take it to 7 grand and the intake makes a loud whistling noise but my car is very slow...i didnt loosen my distributer at all so it i dont think the timming is out.... my car runs good, idles good but it has no power and that whistle is very loud...what do you guys think???

try pulling out the back up fuse for 10 secs and reset the ecu.

yeah sounds like the ecu needs to be reset just pull the negative end of the battery for about a minute

i did that like 3 days ago...but the prolem was solved today, a piece of metal inside the intake filter came off and got lodged in the intake pipe...damn autozone filters..thanks for all the input guys...

Back