1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interchangeable parts

Discussion in 'Accord' started by need2bfaster, Dec 2, 2007.

1. need2bfaster

need2bfaster New Member

:confused:ok once i take the valve cover off im lost as far as knowing what i need like camshaft springs retainers and so on im looking for a cam shaft and i didnt see crower made one for my car but in another thread i posted some one said f22 and h22 parts are interchangeable so i was wandering if a camshaft from an h22 would or would not fit in my f22 same for a throttle body but if any one could send me a link that has a cam shaft for an f22 it would be appreciated

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yeah that was me that suggested Crower. I know they used to make one, because I'm looking at a magazine ad from a year or so ago and it lists F22A as an option. Maybe they don't make it any more.

Anyways, check this out: F22 Parts

They do custom grinds on stock cams to make them perform the way you want.

I know some other companies offer this too, like Web. You can check them out here: Web Cam Inc - Performance and Racing Camshafts

I don't really know how much you're looking to pay for a cam, but keep in mind that with a custom cam they have to have a core to start with, so you'd either have to send them your stock cam to start with or pay a core charge and then send them your stock cam after you install the new one and they'll refund you.

3. powerdriverh22

powerdriverh22 Senior Member

no the h22 is dohc and each cam is only designed to open the intake or the exhaust. crower may not have a cam but a junk yard will if you are looking for a stock one. other than that web cams offer great performance cams for the f22's.

the tb's are interchangeable

4. need2bfaster

need2bfaster New Member

i have a rebuilt f22 head on my other motor so the cam is no prob thanks ill check those sites out

1 person likes this.
  5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Yeah, if you have an extra cam already then a custom regrind would probably be a good option for you.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted