Interesting IRC chat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

This came about in #autos on Undernet. Funny stuff is highlighted. Click the link.

[01:53] <Nemo23> like just looking to talk about my new car :)
[01:53] <Celerity> What did you get ?
[01:53] <Nemo23> you know, like get some ideas and stuff :)
[01:54] <Nemo23> well i ordered a custom designed car from Honda Atlas (Pakistan) ... just got it .. like am trying to turn it into something out of the fast and the furious :) *giggle* :)
[01:54] <Celerity> What is the car, dingbat ?

[01:56] <Nemo23> they call it a COV .... thats what the papers said "Cutom ordered vechicle" :p
[01:57] <Nemo23> someone said they coppied somethingelse ... but it looks wonderful for once :)
[01:58] <Celerity> What is the car ?
[01:59] <Nemo23> it's six wheeled .... mid engined a v-10 6 liters, am thinking about either a super charger or a set of turbos or something, nos maybe, if it works ..
[01:59] <Celerity> what ?
[01:59] <Celerity> 6 wheeler V10 ?
[01:59] <Nemo23> yeah ...
[01:59] <Nemo23> like i have pics of it ...
[01:59] <Celerity> show me
[01:59] <Nemo23> wait, like let me see where i uploaded them :)

[02:05] <Nemo23> so like it's alright if i paste the address right here?
[02:05] <Celerity> sure
[02:05] <Nemo23> http://www.geocities.com/naveedhadi/concept/concept.html
[02:05] <Nemo23> seen it ?
[02:05] <Celerity> you own that ?
[02:06] <Nemo23> yeah .... fortunatly :)
[02:06] <Nemo23> but i sent it back again , the engine was giving some problems ...
[02:06] <Nemo23> maybe it isn't what they say a 6.o liter ...
[02:07] <Celerity> How do the front wheels turn ?
[02:07] <Celerity> They are so wide, and close
[02:07] <Celerity> how do they turn without touching ?

[02:07] <Nemo23> they all turn ...
[02:07] <Nemo23> well, i have no idea but they don't touch tho :)
[02:08] <Celerity> What is the make ?
[02:08] <Nemo23> honda offcourse ..
[02:08] <Celerity> Honda eh ?

[02:08] <Nemo23> but someone said it already is there with a slightly different design ..
[02:09] <Nemo23> i got it from Atlas honda tho, here in Pakistan :)
[02:10] * Nemo23 is now known as Hadi
[02:10] <Celerity> So I suppose you won't mind if I say "You're full of shit"
[02:10] <Celerity> I mean, this is an unbelievable car
[02:10] <Hadi> won't at all ...
[02:11] <Hadi> but i'd ask what makes you think so ?
[02:11] <Hadi> if it is unbeliveable, then what do you suppose the pics came from ?:)
[02:11] <Celerity> I think it's a photoshop
[02:11] <Celerity> editted
[02:11] <Celerity> I don't think the front wheels steer
[02:11] <Celerity> it looks like they will touch if you turn the steering wheel
[02:12] <Hadi> oh really :) ... it is a really nice imagination you have :) but really i assure you it is real :)
[02:12] <Celerity> I also don't think Honda makes anything like this
[02:12] <Hadi> but it has :)
[02:12] <Celerity> the only single engine 6 wheelers I know of are Paradine, and Tyrell - which is a race car
[02:13] <Celerity> then Wolfrace, but Wolfraces have two motors
[02:13] <Hadi> belive me my brother i have driven it :) the front sheels do turn and yes it is a honda atlas make, bu tyou see not a commercial mass produced car :)
[02:13] <Celerity> Not even in the list of concept cars
[02:13] <Celerity> never been at a show
[02:13] <Celerity> never.
[02:13] <Celerity> and Honda engine doesn't make a V10 for anything.
[02:13] <Hadi> yeah it has never been at a show, i was told that :)
[02:13] <Celerity> Honda is making airplanes now, which is where the R&D money has been for the past 4 years.
[02:14] <Hadi> yeah they don't but this is Atlas group of industries ... they even make engines for the local suzukis here ...
[02:14] <Hadi> it has never been at a show because it is a first time concept, ordered and made on request by me :)
[02:14] <Hadi> it is not a mass production car ...
[02:14] <Celerity> So you called Honda and asked them to make a multi-billion dollar car for you
[02:15] <Hadi> yeah i called them and asked them to make something that i
would like ordered on request the ygave me a numbe rof desins and i chose this one, took three months to make :)

Tell me if you see one major design flaw in the front.

-> Steve

thats not even a v10 in there...count the runners.

btw no honda emblems?

i think this is a custom car...some one built it, like those guys on monster garage. and i dont think he is the real hadi.

It looks like a chopped Zonda something or another.... <_<

Maybe he meant Zonda?? :shrug2:

Wait...why is the engine sitting that way...to me that doesn't make sense...it would translate to more drivetrain losses rather than if they had sat it longitudely with the wheels like a FWD. <_<

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 28 2003, 03:50 AM
Wait...why is the engine sitting that way...to me that doesn't make sense...it would translate to more drivetrain losses rather than if they had sat it longitudely with the wheels like a FWD. <_<

lamborghinis, mclarens, etc.(rear engine cars) cars have their engines configured that way.

I dont remember seeing any of them like that, but I don't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.... :)

It doesn't look like the front has suspention. It is probably 3d studio maxed. (in other words it was Photoshop composited with a 3d render). If it is, then whomever made it was incredible. I'm also suspicious because there is no logo anywhere on the vehical. If a company spent the money to build a car like that, they'd do all they could to promote it and putting a logo on it would be the first step. Also shows NO design similarities to honda. Could be real though. You never know.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Dec 28 2003, 04:11 AM
It doesn't look like the front has suspention. It is probably 3d studio maxed. (in other words it was Photoshop composited with a 3d render). If it is, then whomever made it was incredible. I'm also suspicious because there is no logo anywhere on the vehical. If a company spent the money to build a car like that, they'd do all they could to promote it and putting a logo on it would be the first step. Also shows NO design similarities to honda. Could be real though. You never know.

doesnt look like a 3d model, if it is that is probally the highest poly model ive ever seen. the front could have a cantilever suspension like the rear.

that car is somethin else...

NEEDLESS to say that guy is full of SHIT

its not his car and he is full of SHIT but the car looks to be real, and really not his,

ill say it again, thats kid is 14 and FULL OF SHIT

haha ask him what tires are on it..

that guy is ful of shit//

I saw this car in the Motor Trend couple months ago in a library,

it was some kind of hand made custom car, and this shit was like 500g's,

I call BS as well...
I also think that it would look better with 4 wheels, other than that I like the styling.
I don't see any flaws with the front, except under the windshield. In a regular car it would be where the vents would be, right under the windshield wiper, and behind the hood. There isn't anywhere for the water to go on this car... It would just sit there and build up.

Originally posted by Iron 1@Dec 28 2003, 01:32 PM
I call BS as well...
I also think that it would look better with 4 wheels, other than that I like the styling.

they copied the designed from an outlawed f1 car(the green ELF car). it had two small wheels in front and regular size rear wheel, and blew everyone out in handling.

the li'l scoops on the front bumper remind me of the 99-00 civics...

other than that i dont know what to think. it looks stupid, whether its real or not.

custom ordered from pakistan, that gives it away. All the pakistanis make are babies and fundamentalists.

Back