Interesting thing happened tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
ok so i have 2 mid-terms tomm and i needed to do alot of reading tonight. unfortunately i can never focus long enough to read. well i normally ingest tons of caffiene to stay up but that also would cause me to not be able to focus even more. long story short a friend gave me ritalin (i normally dont mess with it or aderol but circumstances warranted it) and i had no trouble focusing and read 8 chapters(200pgs) in about 2 hours. which is amazing for me because like i said, i dont focus enough to read that quickly.

so my question is: could i have ADD? or would ritalin have given me similar results either way? friends have always said im all over the place and i do have trouble focusing on one thing. i never really cared because in high school my grades were good with minimal effort(no reading), but now in college reading is pretty much required and my grades have shown my inability to focus and read.

all opinions are welcome but i dont want to hear "your iliterate". this problem only occurs with school related material, basically because its boring. i have no problem if its something that interests me.

Ok, well I don't really know, but here is what I heard: If you have ADD, stimulants will tend to slow you down. I know a mom with a kid with ADD that makes him drink coffee (he actually likes it, its not like shes forcing him) because it calms him down. Also, from some of my dumbshit friends I have heard that if you crush and snort ritalin speeds you up--this sort of backward effect from the ADD kids.

Also, I'm in the same boat as you with the studying and caffiene, and when I take caffiene, I get like pumped up, but can focus well.

So my conclusion: :dry: Sounds like you could, some things seem to match, but I really don't know shit about this.

EDIT: Also, what the hell are you reading that you can do 100 pages per hour????

Everyone I've talked to that has done aderol, which is quite a few of my friends (none with ADD), is exactly what you're describing. Aderol scares the shit out of me because I know I would do really well in school with it, but I don't want to become a fucking junkie. That's why I've never taken it.

a fucking aderol junkie?
are you kidding?
lol

my friend in HS was clinically diagnosed with ADD

coffee would put him to sleep, so its true about caffeine slowing ADD crack heads down

ritalin is suspossed to be somewhat like this
big upper to slow you down kinda thing

and thats good to hear
i think i'll be trying it to see if i can concentrate...

Aderol has been long consider the "Student's Drug". Yes, it does incredible things to people both ADD and not.

But, it is addictive. I mean, Cram sessions and better results are always addictive. And I can only guess what it does to your brain. Like spooling a turbo in traffic.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok, well I don't really know, but here is what I heard: If you have ADD, stimulants will tend to slow you down. I know a mom with a kid with ADD that makes him drink coffee (he actually likes it, its not like shes forcing him) because it calms him down. Also, from some of my dumbshit friends I have heard that if you crush and snort ritalin speeds you up--this sort of backward effect from the ADD kids.

Also, I'm in the same boat as you with the studying and caffiene, and when I take caffiene, I get like pumped up, but can focus well.

So my conclusion: :dry: Sounds like you could, some things seem to match, but I really don't know shit about this.

EDIT: Also, what the hell are you reading that you can do 100 pages per hour????
8 chapters of pubic relations

and aderol scares the shit out of me. ritalin did to but i guess my successful experience kind of helped that. i just took another one as per the directions on the bottle from friend gave me.

heres some links to all the info you could ever hope for about ritalin, adderall, and everything else that you might be able to get high on

Ritalin

Adderall

and yes both are addictive
ive known more than a few people who have gotten addicted to either one
some simply popped10 - 15 pills a day
some crushed up 3 or 4 pills at a time and blew them up their nose a few times a day
some walked away from it with no real problems
some moved on to other drug addictions (coke, meth, opiates, etc)

and yes both are addictive
ive known more than a few people who have gotten addicted to either one
some simply popped10 - 15 pills a day
some crushed up 3 or 4 pills at a time and blew them up their nose a few times a day
some walked away from it with no real problems
some moved on to other drug addictions (coke, meth, opiates, etc)

does it get you high? or they just get addicted to the "zoned in" experience of the drug?

Yep, it gets you high. I've talked to my friends hours after they've "come down" and they're still talking a mile a minute, its kinda scary. Ever heard of Meth. Well....thats what Aderol is. Well, not competely, but its an amphetamine (like meth = methamphetamine). It is also closely related to speed. I've known a few people that have become addicted to speed at college and I'm not about to become one of them. Sure, I could get 4.00 in upper division engineering, but is that really worth the risk of a lifelong fight with an amphetamine adiction? I don't think so.

here, read this before you decide:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=3695

Yo, all I'm saying is that this is supposed to be my Spring Break week and I have 3 essays due as soon as I get back that I've been procrastinating the fuck out of. I wrote a page and a half of one of them and that took me 2+ hours today. I would fucking kill for anything that'd help me focus for more than 5 minutes on any particular thing.

ooh man, my senior year i used to bullshit all my papers soooo bad, i would just talk in circles, and pull shit out of my ass, it was great

procrastination is like masturbation...
it feels good until you realize you're only fucking yourself...

another extremely productive day. i think im going to get tested over break. but ill have to do it on my own. my mom would fucking kill me if she knew i was (in her words) "experimenting". she doesnt even like that i drink and i would never tell her that i still blaze on occassion.

and by productive, i dont mean wired or high. i was simply able to focus.

Yeah, a few kids around campus use Aderol and from what ive heard it works very well. -Too well.
Adiction is nasty and I'd never try it personally. I'm lucky for work. I cranked out a 90 on my physics homework due after break (web-based) and I'm well on my way of finishing my 13 page paper on the history, impact and technology of turbochargers- titled by me, as "Turbos: The Circle of Life". What a bullshit artist I am. Writing to inform can suck my balls.

Technically, everyone these days has ADD. It's fucking ridiculous. Oh your kid is a slow learner? Aderol. Oh your kid is not focused? Aderol. Oh your kid doesn't pay attention in class? Aderol. Fucking sad our society is based on the concept that pills can solve it all.

Back