Intro/ question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EnderAW

Hello everyone, long time lurker here, been searching to see if anyone has had a question similar to the one I have. Finally I've decided that it's worth it to post up here, lots of good info to be had.

I have an EJ8 that I'm wanting to take to some track days. As it stands, it's still going to be my DD, I'd eventually like to swap a JDM B18C, get a nice adjustable coilover setup, brakes, tires, you know the works, but still be able to keep it as the DD. My question is, would it be more cost effective to do the whole swap, and build the car, or should I sell it, and pick up a DC2 TypeR, drive it daily, and track it, without much modification. Keep in mind I live in California, so I'm not even sure that the B18C would even pass emissions. What are everyone's opinions? Thanks in advance.

Kevin

keep the EJ8 and use it for daily driving

get the DC2 R for a fun / track day car, and keep it securely locked down

Yeah? I was thinking of doing that, but I'd probably find myself driving then TypeR daily... :) also, apologies for having posted this one in the wrong forum, I saw hybrid, and thought, EJ8 with B18 is for sure hybrid... but the question is not really swap related. Thanks again, any other input is appreciated.

If you want to be safe for CA emissions, you need a B18C1 (USDM) block/Intake Manifold or just the whole swap in general. Then get it BAR'd at a state smog referee so you can safely drive it daily if/when officer hate-a-tuner pulls you over.

Or....if you got the cash...jsut get the DC2 Type R and track it with the EJ8 for dd.....yes indeeed....thats what I would do too! But if you want the fun DD....USDM GSR swap

Back