introduction + i need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmkidef8

hi everyone my name is kendall. im not new to hondaswap but i have never made a post or anything. once i made an account i forgot about it. but here i am so hi all. well let me tell you a little about the honda's i drive. my daily driver is a gold 1990 civic hatchback with the stock d15b2 dpfi motor nothing special just basic bolt ons. my second car i have is a project in the process of restoration i will make a build thread about it sometime but it is a white 1990 civic hatchback jdm dohc zc that i wanna build to turbo. here are some pics of both.
her name is goldie
13956_175540211949_747441949_277889.jpg

and her name is whitey
P1020036.jpg

well thats my introduction now on to the problem with goldie my daily driver
okay i am gonna try and make this as clear as possible but when i drive my car it is extremely sluggish under 3000 rpm but once it gets above 3000 rpm the power really kicks in, well not that it has lots of power but it drives like it should when its above 3000 rpm. last month my car broke down with a number of problems so here is a list of the parts that were replaced.
new throttle body
new injectors
new distributor
new throttle position sensor
new o2 sensor
new exhaust plus header
new intake (ebay little pipe with filter you know :)
new valve cover (old one was beat up)
new spark plugs
new spark plug wires
new timing belt plus tensioner (old one was very worn)
new fuel filter
and last a fuel pressure gauge (the ones that connect on top of fuel filter)
okay and thats it for the parts that i have gotten within the last month. the car starts up beautifully and is very consistent when it comes to start up. there is a slight bog when it is warming up but it has always done that. so the true question is what the hell is making my car do this limp mode under 3k it sucks when im casually driving to work.
this problem is not model or engine bias it happens to tons of cars but from what i've seen no one has fixed the problem so i am hoping for everyone to chime in don't matter what car or motor you have any and all help is very much appreciated.
thanks all at hondaswap

Very original with the names. Haha. And welcome to HS.

I'm not really sure about you're problem though. Swapping in a B-series would probably take care of it....

yeah they are very basic names haha but yeah i finally fixed the problem my distributor timing was not set or way off so i just had to advance it to match up with the total timing i think its called

yeah they are very basic names haha but yeah i finally fixed the problem my distributor timing was not set or way off so i just had to advance it to match up with the total timing i think its called

Sweeeeet, not bad! So have you done anything else to it since the fix or started working on towards your build thread!?

Back