IPOD in a car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

How do i connect my IPOD to my car stereo? I know belkin sell this crap that use a FM transmitter, but anyone knows another way? maybe with cables? Anyone already done it, or seen it?

I know it's possible, but what would be the best way, abd how??

Get a headphone jack to RCA plug adapter, run a set of cables to your amplifier (assuming you have one), then have another wire connected to 12V and a switch to turn on your amps when your stereo is off. Turn on iPod, turn on amp, have fun!

If that weirdo idea isn't feasible with your setup, you might want to try and look for one of those inline FM modulators. I'm pretty sure they exist, since the older add-on CD changers used them to feed your stereo. They don't broadcast a radio signal- they plug in between your antenna and stereo head unit. You still have to tune to a station to listen to your stuff, but it's a lot cleaner and more reliable than a broadcasted signal since it's a direct physical feed to your system.

Thanks for the info.
But would it be better, if i could connect my IPOD directly in the stereo? maybe via the cd changer connection?
I have a CD radio, and have a plug, where i could plug a 6 CD changer into, and then put my radio on AUX and it would play th CD changer, could i connect my IPOD to that?

Because i saw on Discovery Channel on the show Rides, the guy had a H2 and installed is IPOD into is car, and play via is stereo or something, he kinda had a docking station where he puts it's IPOD, i would like to know, how he got it to work...

Well thanks again for all the info, i'm gonna check that and continue my search.

Good info. I think you're well on your way...

If you read my first post, you can see that I would just build a custom input setup and hack it in to my head unit somehow, or just run it straight to the amp.

they way i did mine was i have the headphone -> rca cable that goes into the AUX of my deck, this works perfect.

Back