is a stock LS head...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohsosikcivic

Hot mess
hey everyone...

first thred ever posted :eek: anywho, A stock LS head. with a basic port and polish.. will this be compatable with a turbo setup running say... 12psi and if no... suggestions?

well... i havent really looked into what size turbo i want to use and i would be taking a shot in the dark if i threw one out there... but for that head should i be looking for a smaller or larger turbo?

well can any one give me a good middle ground suggestion for a turbo... say around 400 dollors spent? from the cars ive rode in... i like the bigger turbo effect more.

Wow. Nothing like going the extra mile to learn something. And that was nothing like it.

:) You've been nicer than usual to this guy.

To the OP
:search:
There is a reference section here that you should read through, and many other good FAQ's and reference articles about turbo sizing and the capabilities of different turbos, we're not gonna spoon feed you answers to very broad sweeping questions. You need to do a LOT more research.

i guess its the A.D.D kicking in...

but i did do some research. and i dont understand turbo size... im just gonna have to look more into detail about it...

:)ok so... i did alittle home work... from what applications ive seen i think a T3/T04 with a .48 A/R should be suitable for what i want to do... im not gonna try pushing over 400 hp so... from what i find... that should be good... imput? and back to the head quuestion... :)

hahah yea.. now that i can actually understand it... well ALITTLE bit.. so do u think the stock LS head would be ok for that... i mean im thinking if not...mind as well just do it before i get it tuned with the stock head

we'll id like to exceed the 300whp factor... so do you maybe suggest the LS stock head or another head? the reason id like to stick with the stock head is... well i already have it! or will already have it

I would think a cam upgrade would come before head porting. I don't think too many people who port their head are running stock cams :shrug2:

You need to elaborate on what you mean by "be fine"

example:
"would a stock head with just a port an polish be capable of XX hp with XX turbo"
"would a stock head with just a port an polish require an upgraded camshaft to take advantage of said porting"
"would a stock head with just a port an polish give any significant power gains with all else stock"

These are the type of questions we can answer, or help you find answers to. We have no idea what you mean by "be fine"

ok hows this... with the set up im looking at ( LS block, forged internals, stock crank... with a LS head with just a port an polish running a t3/t04 turbo on roughly 12 psi) be suitable for 300WHP using the stock head with just a PnP:huh:

I really dont think just a PnP on the stock head will handle that truly I'd run 8psi at most if any of the parts are gonna be stock/We just blew the head out a b20 from one slite misscalculation. My advice is take your time in figureing out what parts your gonna use and be carefull while tunning!

well im figuring Eagle Rods... ARP bolts and prob JP pistons.. 9:0:1 i figured that would handel more then 8psi... with stock head w/PnP? no?

Back