Is it possible...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dahniel8d

I'm not exactly a pro at this stuff, but I have a question. Is it possible to replace the stock F22A1's SOHC head with an H-series VTec DOHC head? Or should I just take the same amount of time doing that and slam an H22 where the old engine used to be? Oh, and p.s. I don't know much; if my post seems a little flakey, that's why.

no way in hell could that be done. never will you put a dohc head on a sohc block.. drop a full h22!
think smart!

Almost not possible. The head and block aren't the same shape, and this requires massive amounts of money to make it work. Probably 4-5 times the cost of what it would take to swap in an H22.

Originally posted by b204dr@Oct 28 2004, 02:28 PM
no way in hell could that be done. never will you put a dohc head on a sohc block.. drop a full h22!
think smart!
[post=408752]Quoted post[/post]​

It's been done. These guys did it. But they advise against doing it, because it's not worth the time and cash.

Well, it's good to know someone actually responded. Thanks guys. I'll just drop the H22 in there. END STRING DANGIT!

Back