1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 01momogti, Oct 12, 2008.

1. 01momogti

01momogti New Member

1997 delsol, body is crappy, interior is even worse. But it has a B20B block with a b16 head, header, intake, 5zigen exhaust, cams, mounts, suspension and a vtec controller air controller thingy. Should i get it for $1800? It has 5k on the build. I plan on taking all out of the delsol and buying a doner 88 crx shell and dropping it in that. For 1800 is it worth it for the delsol? Im a vw guy so i know nothing about honda, so please be nice and informational?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:D

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

If everything is in decent shape then I'd say it's worth it. Who knows what shape it's in though, or how well the motor was assembled. The fact that he's using a piggyback rather than a chipped ECU tells me that he probably cut some corners here and there...

3. mintoxik

mintoxik Member

i agree if he cut corners thats not good i wouldnt buy a whole car just for the motor then your stuck with your "crappy" shell
    if the motor is all you want then just buy one for about the same price and it comes with everything you need

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted