is more airflow better than cooler air??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tecdippin03

im thinkin bout puttin a air filter right on tha intake manifold...would that be better than a cold air intake and make more power...even though its hot air??

you would make more power with the cold-air intake than by putting one directly on the manifold. look at it this way, look at the pro drag cars, not a single one has an air filter right on the manifold they are all concerned with getting cold air. I reccommend the AEM V2 cold air intake, its a little pricey but i have one on my civic and i noticed a HUGE difference after putting it on.

yea i would second that to getting a aem v2. its not that your gettin more air at all. its the same volume of the filter so your gettin the same amount only difference is when you put it directly on the throttle body your pulling all of the hot air from then engine bay.

There are 2 methods of getting more air in the mix. That is supercharging or turbocharging! The amount of air sucked in by the engine will be the same with a CAI or a "power" filter on the intake manifold. The only difference is that the cold air molecyls is more compressed than hot air ones. So cold air=more air... Not much but slightly enough to make a difference! But i wont recommend a cheap filter, cus that will just suck in dust and small particles into your engine. Wich will cause wear after a long-periode use!

there is one more method that ust might suit your needs...... Ram Air Induction. you can even make your own. its cheap its easy and it will cover both areas. more air and cold air, its what the na draggers depend on (that and a lot of money). get creative and think of ways to make it. auto zone and pep boys both sell a velocity stack that you can mount about anywhere and run piping of some kind to it

cool air is condinced air. THis is what you are looking at

T=M/PD

T- tempiture
m- Mass
PD - partical density.

Cool are is dense. Hot air is not.

1lbs of cold air will take up less room then 1 lbs of hot air. So resistence is a bigger deal then temp cause forcing air in to a smaller area already cools it some, and even turbo air coming out of an intercooler is still hot as sin, even during the winter.

Back