Is Mugen Worth It

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef9civicgen4

What kind of an advantage would i get with a set of mugen valve springs. also does anyone know a good place to buy mugen parts for a B16. i don't trust those bastards on ebay.

as a general rule.... nothing mugen makes is worth it

dont get me wrong .... they make VERY good shit

but the price is retarded.... you can get as good or better stuff from other companies for less money

check out skunk2 or something, mugen is just way over priced for what it is...

i had mugen valve springs in my lsvtec. got them fom inlinefour.com. they are geat but very over priced, i should have just gotten some skunk2s.

Their Tshirts are priced right, for everything else that mugen produces is reall really expensive. Even those damn thermostats, just look at the price of their valvecover,,,,,,800 for a fucking useless non performance valve cover.

Milan

actually from what ive read the valve cover has "oil baffle plates which help dissipate oil onto the cams and valve-train."
jerkit.gif

so it does do something..... is it worth spending $800+ on it.... (IMO) hell no
but im not doing long ass races with my car constantly reving in the 9k+ area

Originally posted by lsvtec hatch93@Jun 18 2003, 03:38 PM
i had mugen valve springs in my lsvtec. got them fom inlinefour.com. they are geat but very over priced, i should have just gotten some skunk2s.

What did you think about inlinefour.com and their service ?

Originally posted by randerson165+Jun 19 2003, 12:50 AM-->
lsvtec hatch93
@Jun 18 2003, 03:38 PM

What did you think about inlinefour.com and their service ?

I've had good experiances ordering from them, they cut my box down to keep in dimensional weight, so it would be less to ship and they always email me with any issues pertaining to my orders.

They have great service, nice guys, but a little pricey.

Hey E, I dropped by my buddies house today and he has a fucking dope ass over 100 page catalog of Spoon. It has awesome pics and it lists, I mean every part that they make. There is shit that I didn't even know spoon made. They only sell/offer roughly 5% of the parts offered by Spoon.

Well, they had 4 different oil pans to choose from, they went from 300 to 3000 dollars, the one for 3 g's had some nice heat fins on it :p , hmmm, maybe i will get turbo like power out of it.

Milan

I think spoon quoted like 7hp in the midrange from the plate. There are some peeps who have dynoed it on clubsi

Milan

The service I recieved from inlinefour.com has always been top notch. Some of their prices are a little high, but not excessively so. I am definately going to do business with them again.

ok i looked up the Spoon ventuli plate
it says it adds about 6-8 midrange HP and Tq
for $300 i guess thats not too bad
but how does it do it... it looks more like a restricter plate than anything
<_<

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 19 2003, 02:13 PM
ok i looked up the Spoon ventuli plate
it says it adds about 6-8 midrange HP and Tq
for $300 i guess thats not too bad
but how does it do it... it looks more like a restricter plate than anything
<_<

Look in a carburetor and you'll see a small hole in the middle of it. This is there to produce the ventuli effect. It speeds up the incoming air by reducing in diameter. Like how Erick's Racing throttle bodies are tapered from 72mm to 70mm... to increase the speed at which the air enters the manifold.

Yup, increases velocity, kind of like a bottleneck (but in business this is the weakest source and should be functioning to it's full potential always).

Milan

Back