Is my CX block Reliable???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamidnighter

Well there goes my question, Is my stock Cx block reliable with a mild P&P VTEC head and turbo set at or lower than 7 PSI. Ive heard several responds that the blocks cant cut it with the VTEC head. Is that true?? And well I take in mind that if im going to be boosting at 7psi I will have a good fuel managment. But thats why i was asking because well I think is not worth reinforcing the block and to see if anybody knows if the CX can cut in boost levels lower than 7psi and a VTEC head.

Any info would be appreciated before I start wasting money.... :( Thanks, Ivan

Screw VTEC, get a DOHC ZC and boost that. Much more reliable for boost as you have the ability to seperatly time the exhuast and intake cams.

Well I'll i rather buy the whole d16z6 longblock with the vtec head for 400 bucks then boost that to 6 psi. Better for my Del sol. But thanks for your opinions guys. :) Im going to screw my d15b8.

Originally posted by hondamidnighter@Jun 18 2004, 12:34 AM
Well I'll i rather buy the whole d16z6 longblock with the vtec head for 400 bucks then boost that to 6 psi. Better for my Del sol. But thanks for your opinions guys. :) Im going to screw my d15b8.

why do you have a cx in your del sol ? they dont come with a cx

Back