Is my Linkage f'd up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

ok just put an ls swap in my 91 rex, 93 ls motor Ys1 trans and homemade linkage we just converted the old ones. It shifts pretty bad sometimes, and sometimes its smooth, usually its just the trying to find first at the stop light or something. No grinds or anything of that sort??
hmm anything guys?

Originally posted by ryangt@Jan 3 2005, 09:05 PM
ok just put an ls swap in my 91 rex, 93 ls motor Ys1 trans and homemade linkage we just converted the old ones. It shifts pretty bad sometimes, and sometimes its smooth, usually its just the trying to find first at the stop light or something. No grinds or anything of that sort??
hmm anything guys?
[post=440728]Quoted post[/post]​

you guys converted the ls linkage or the d?

is it bent?
if there is nothing wrong with it then check the fluid level of the tranny &/or go to a shop and get a diagnostic

My tranny was like that right after my swap. It had a lot of water in it when it arrived. I did two changes of 5w30 motor oil to get the water out and folowed up with Honda MTF. I drove it a bit between each change to suspend the water in the oil. Now it shifts great.

BTW mine didn't like engageing reverse. and the syncros into fifth were slow.

I had a problem with my linkage hitting my exhaust, doesn't sound likly here, but just in case.

Back