Is My Tranny Limited Slip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

i have a b18a y1 tranny w/ my engine that got w/ the swap. ive been told this is a limited slip trans . is this true or is that the ys1

Integra LS/GS/RS YS1
Year(s) 1990-1993
Engine Counterpart: B18A
Type: cable
Limited Slip Dif.?: no
Gear Box:
1st: 3.166
2nd: 1.857
3rd: 1.259
4th: 0.935
5th: 0.742
6th (if availble): 0
Reverse: 3
Final Drive: 4.4

Integra Type R (JDM) Y1
Year(s) 1995-1997
Engine Counterpart: B18C3
Type: hydro
Limited Slip Dif.?: yes
Gear Box:
1st: 3.23
2nd: 2.105
3rd: 1.458
4th: 1.034
5th: 0.787
6th (if availble): 0
Reverse: 0
Final Drive: 4.4

According to the REFERENCE SECTION no it isn't because your motor came with a YS1.Unless you got lucky.

Do you really want to find out? Put the shifter in neutral and jack up the front of the car. Turn one of your wheels like your car is going forward... then look at the wheel on the other side. If it's going the same direction, you have an LSD. If not, your have an open diff. "Same direction" means that both wheels are turning like your car is going forward, or both are turning like your car is going backward.

hmm.... i'm pretty sure we already posted the specs. so yes it is good..... assuming limited slip is what you wanted.

Not unless someone put a quaiffe or ITR on without letting you know.

Dude,I posted the info you needed,and Chet posted a practical way to tell.Why bother posting threads if your not going to read the reply's?What more do you want a phone call to walk you throught it?

unless you have aftermarket LSD you don't have it.

chances are you don't have it, and the easiest way is to drive around in a parking lot making hard circles...and feel if your outside wheel is getting power. it will be obvious if you have lsd...

and for the record, no b18a's came with LSD from the factory. only the y1 transmission mated to b16a's in japan received lsd, and this was a factory option.

Back