Is Skunk2 cams shafts worth the money?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

I have a 96 cx hb with complet JDM B18C GSR. I currently run 14.7 sec and now I have cold air intake, 4-2-1 DC header, Tsudo Full cat back with high flow OBX cat con. with this new set up, I am going to the track this weekend and try to break my time. My last time at the track, I only reved up to 4RPM and this comming weekend I will try variety of RPM to see which RPM i go guicker. any suggestion would help... sorry for all the unrelated info above, my guestion is.....

Is it worth the money to get a pair of Skun2 with valve train for my engine? thanks for the inputs

I know, turbo is the way to see instant power. Nos is also a good way to see tremendous power within a reach of a button, but I am not favor in turbo or nos. turbo is costly to maintain and tune it right, Nos has potential of damaging to the motor in the long run no matter of how low of your compression is. I have friends and cousins runing with turbo and nos, and those with turbo ran slower than me, all motor as time in the 1/4, although they did beat me on streets. My main goal is to be able to beat a few v8 on street and freeway and hit 14 flat or high 13s and be a daily driver.

Yes they are worth the money.

They let the engine breath better and that's what the VTEC needs.

upgrade your intake manifold, run a hondata, get a better flowing header that atleast has a 2.5inch collector, as far as cams I have a review on them in the engine building guide at the top.

Back