is the TPS the problem????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

karrar55

Hey guys my 93 accord has been acting up with the idle! everytime i start the car the idle will go all the way up to 3000 rpm and go back down to 1500 and this is on park. it would continue doing it until the gas stops flowing. when i put it on drive and im at a red light the rpm will go from 1500 to 1000 quickly and the car would shake when doing it. so i tried unpluging the tps and starting it and the idle would climb up but it would not go up and down. do you guys think thats the problem sinse the idle didnt go up and down??? help would appreciated thanks!!

when you unplug the TPS it prolly sets a CEL and goes into LimpIn mode and has a preset idle, or something similar to that. I would bet money that your Idle Air Control Valve is either dirty clogged or failing, try cleaning it with cab cleaner.

^ and a vacuum leak could cause those symptoms too, try testing for that too

plug back in the tps, and unplug your battery for 5 minutes. Then hook it back up.
Also check your iacv screen and look for vac leaks. All simple stuff found by a 20 second search...

Back