is there 2 cigarette lighter plugs in an ek??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9jdmguy

i just got a new radar detector for my ek hatch but my cigarette lighter plug doesnt work....i was talkin to a buddy of mines that has a mustang and he says he has 2 cigarette lighter slot in his car...one on his center console and another in his glove box????? any idea if civic have a second plug???

check the fuse but if it does need to be replaced it's not to difficult. Take the old one out, put the new one in. It's live so disconnect the battery before you do it

If I remember correctly, the EK chassis civics have a power controlled switch for the cigg. lighter. It will only close the circuit when the accessories are on or when the engine is running. Just pop it out and unplug the little clip that connects to it. Clip on the new one and push it back in. This will be effective as long as the circuit has voltage. Its good to check the circuit before you go spend money. A blown fuse can be the culprit. If it is not the fuse than the wiring might be damaged.

thanx guys....ill check the fuses and give u the updates asap......hopefully it is the fuse...i dont have the fuse panel cover...does anyone have the diagram????

if it is for a radar detector why not by the adapter and directly wire it in and make it look nice and clean? more work possibly but could save ya a headache and it looks way better.

in my ek its only live with the car switch on

You could wire it into the ACC circuit, with a proper fuse. Then just use the radar detector's on/off switch, it's what I do.

I've got the power wire running up the B-Pillar, and under the headliner, and the bracket mounted where the rearview mirror used to be. (I have a rearview that mounts on the windshield.) Works well, and I don't have the tell-tale suction cups on my windshield.

Back