is there a difference

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

youngb

what up yall
im new to this site by the way. i just had a quick question that i cant find the answer to. I've searched here but i didn't find an answer.

i have a 95 vx im going to do a swap (gsr). i was looking at some of the sites with motor swaps and so on. on just about all the sites i see two different kinds of gsr engines. 1. long block 2. i guess its just a regular gsr. on all the sites the long block is cheaper than the (regular gsr block), so i was wondering if there is a difference between the two engines. they both had a 180hp/126tq, but i could be missing something (i dont have alot of experience when it comes to motors).

and also if its a direct swap(drop in) than that means i don't need new axels and what not right.

any help will do

thanx

A long block is just the motor with the head. A shortblock is just that, the block, no head.

In order to swap you need a lot more than that. Have a look around the forums, check out teh FAQ, and post any further questions.

Back