1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a difference

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by youngb, Mar 31, 2005.

1. youngb

youngb Junior Member

what up yall
    im new to this site by the way. i just had a quick question that i cant find the answer to. I've searched here but i didn't find an answer.

i have a 95 vx im going to do a swap (gsr). i was looking at some of the sites with motor swaps and so on. on just about all the sites i see two different kinds of gsr engines. 1. long block 2. i guess its just a regular gsr. on all the sites the long block is cheaper than the (regular gsr block), so i was wondering if there is a difference between the two engines. they both had a 180hp/126tq, but i could be missing something (i dont have alot of experience when it comes to motors).

and also if its a direct swap(drop in) than that means i don't need new axels and what not right.

any help will do

thanx

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

A long block is just the motor with the head. A shortblock is just that, the block, no head.

In order to swap you need a lot more than that. Have a look around the forums, check out teh FAQ, and post any further questions.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted