1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a good deal and can this work?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by greenmachine, Sep 3, 2004.

1. greenmachine

greenmachine Junior Member

I have a 92 cx hatchback, I got a gsr for 2200 with 25,000 miles on it. It is a 1996 is this a good deal I don't know what gsr run. Next I put a header, vtec controller, aem cold air, aem fuel rail, 320 injectors, 255 walbor fuel pump, phantom grip, spec stage three clutch , 500 hp axles on it, got a golden eagle stroker kit which made it a 2.1 liter, darton sleeves , skunk 2 cams, and gears. Now what I want to know is can I turbo this with my t3/t4 turbo? Or will I have to use nos to get to 400 to the wheels, right know all motor it made 245whp. I want to be at 12.5 quarter mile time, this isn't a daily driver so turbo is an option to me.I kinda new to all motor scene so be nice to me.

2. allmotorbeasteg6

allmotorbeasteg6 Member

sounds like you got this motor built pretty good, how much did you put on top of the $2200? btw, $2200 is a hell of a good deal cause i woulda grab it myself.

as for as turbo, how high did you raise up the compression when you put ur pistons in?

3. greenmachine

greenmachine Junior Member

I spent 5,000 after the 2,200 , got it all done for a total of 7,500 from a friend of mine. I will get the compression for you. I have to find my papers on it, see I just got it back. I had a Ls Vtech turboed coupe but I sold it to my friend for 2,000, it had 350 to the wheels. So he got me hooked up with this all motor stuff. I wanted to try it since I already have a nissian 240 and this hatch I got for 500 bucks. He told me my 240 had to much power in it to drive as a daily driver so he said he would fix the hatch for free just get the parts so I did. An now I have a 1995 civic 4 door for a daily driver automatic but the a/c works. I just want a reliable car and turbo to me isn't reliable for daily driving and a race car on the weekends, just my opinion.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

with 245 whp, the only thing holding you back from running 11's is YOU.

TBone put 236/160 all motor, and went 11.78.

fuck the turbo kit. learn how to launch the car, get some real tires, and you're already there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted