is this a good idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

dok

ok I gat a b16a that is guted and was thinking of going forged pistons and rods with some arp bolts. there is no tranny so far I was thinking of getting one form a 90-91 teg because I can go to the junk yard and get it for $75 and its cable another thing I was wondering can I use the motor mounts from the 90-91 teg for a 88-91 civic or crx one more thing can i use the dizzy form the teg on the b16a its going to be turboed later

or should i saw fuck that and go to the junk yard and get the ls form a 90-91 tg swap I think every thing should fit the monts and axles into a 88-91 civic or crx tell me if i am wrong

you have to order custom mounts from Hasport, Place Racing, HCP, etc... to put ANY b-series in a CRX...

but the cable LS trans will be fine, although a cable B16 trans would give you better gearing, but you aren't gonna find one for anywhere NEAR 75 bucks

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 10 2003, 07:54 PM
My vote is on literacy skill enhancement (sp?) Try that DOK

you little shit if i ever meet you I will show you what a ass kicking is all about all you do is talk shit about people and yet you have a 17 sec car what the fuck is that all about

If you are low on cash, get the tranny for 75 bucks. It will be fine, just has a 4.2 final drive. While the other has a 4.4 fd. I am pretty sure these #'s are correct.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by dok+Nov 10 2003, 09:41 PM-->
199IntegraBuildUpH22A3
@Nov 10 2003, 07:54 PM

you little shit if i ever meet you I will show you what a ass kicking is all about all you do is talk shit about people and yet you have a 17 sec car what the fuck is that all about

you can't say shit about his 17 sec car, your d-series would be lucky to touch that unless you've got turbo. i don't even think a 50 shot of nitrous could put you there unless you've completely gutted your car. AND his is still an auto.

and it looks like your the one talking shit and running your mouth. and i know for a fact that if you got in his face he wouldn't even have to throw a punch to put you on your ass crying like a baby with about a gallon of blood pouring from your nose.

and second of all he wasn't talking shit on your car, so why bring up his.

yeah it was a little rude, but its true. if your going to post something alot of people are going to read, spell check it. i know you can spell got.

( before i get flamed, i know you can make a d series fast especially if its not vtec, it's just more difficult than a b or an h)

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4+Nov 12 2003, 12:38 PM-->
Originally posted by dok@Nov 10 2003, 09:41 PM
199IntegraBuildUpH22A3
@Nov 10 2003, 07:54 PM

you can't say shit about his 17 sec car, your d-series wopuld be lucky to touch that unless you've got turbo. i don't even think a 50 shot of nitrous could put you there unless you've completely gutted your car. AND his is still and auto.

and it looks like your the one talking shit and running your mouth. and i know for a fact that if you got in his face he wouldn't even have to through a punch to put you on your ass crying like a baby with about a gallon of blood pouring from your nose.

and second of all he wasn't talking shit on your car, so why bring up his.

yeah it was a little rude, but its true. if your going to post something alot of people are going to read, spell check it. i know you can spell got.

( before i get flamed, i know you can make a d series fast especially if its not vtec, it's just more difficult than a b or an h)

wow, ha ha
DOK = :owned:
You will have to have custom mounts as stated by EGLSHB, if you can make them make em, otherwise order from HCP or the like. You'll need different shift linkages also. The axles wont work with this transmission you may have to have some made for this application... not to sure about all that though. Hope you have fun with your swap!

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4+Nov 13 2003, 01:16 PM-->
Originally posted by gocivicls@Nov 13 2003, 12:09 PM
ef9civicgen4
@Nov 12 2003, 01:38 PM
( ....even have to through a punch to put....)

You mean Throw don't you!

yes, dammit. it's always great to correct someones spelling and fuck up yourself.

we need a smilie that says ( I=Asshat )

It's alright, I use spell check now to keep from hearing BS.

This topic has gone off topic. If you wish to continue the original topic, please start a new thread. This topic has been closed.

:locked:

Thank you, the moderating team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back