Is this a scam?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec hatch93

i put my car on autotrade the other day and i received an email from somone outside the US. i think i heard someone getting scammed like ths before. why would they want to ship an integra overseas?

He will probably ask to pay with a credit card.

I'm selling my laptop online and I get about 5 emails a day asking me to end my auction early and they will buy it for way more than its worth as long as I ship to the philippines via priority (48 hour shipping)

Just make sure its legit, I'm sure some of the overseas transactions are ok, just be sure.

i lost my mugen steering wheel to a guy in the phillipines. the wheel was never delivered, but is stuck forever at customs.

YES!!!!!! It's a scam. They will offer to pay with a bogus cashiers or bank check. This check will be for more money than the car. They will want the difference in a real bank check. Your bank won't know right away that it's a fake check. You will later lose that money out of your account AND also be out whatever amount you give them in change. Don't do it!!!

Tell him you'll ship whent he $$$ clears..... otherwise, yea sounds like a scam

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Nov 25 2003, 08:08 AM
Tell him you'll ship whent he $$$ clears.....

You need to wait even longer after the check clears... Like 94RedSiGal said, the check will actually cash, but the bank will realize later that it was bogus. They'll take the money back from you later.

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I all most fell for it. its true he will send you like $3000 more than what you want then you have to send the money back. Tell this guy the fuck off and stop scamming people. but before you do give the email address to the authorities. stupid fucker :angry: people like that ruin everythinjg

heres the email Hello, sounds very shady to me. i'll tell him i aint sending shit until the cash is in my hand. thanks guys

thanks for the mail and the price is okay by me now i will now
instruct my client who is owing the sum of $10,000 and his ready to pay it
out in cashier check to issue it to you and while you recieve the check
of $10,000 then you will deduct your own special amount and send the
remaing balance to my shipping agent company who will be coming to your
location for the picking up so if you are okay with this procedure i will
like you to get back to me with your contact details of where the check
will be send to like this,

full name.........

full address................

city.....................

state.................

zip code................

country.......................

home phone...............

cell phone..............

hope to see your contact details so that payment can be made out to you
on time and also try and send the picture along so that i can veiw
it,my regards to you and your family,
ose...............

heres what I mailed back to him

I dont mind doing it this way but, before I ship my car away or send you the remaining balance I want to make sure the check is not a FRAUD. I have heard of this happening to people before. If you are legit please don't take this personally but I'm not going to fall for something this obvious. I will only except cash or a money order. Once again sorry if you are not trying to scam me but i'm sure you can understand my concern. thank you.

westernunion.com

good as cash. no check, no clearing. don't take amoney order either

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Nov 25 2003, 09:08 AM
Tell him you'll ship whent he $$$ clears..... otherwise, yea sounds like a scam

One problem with that line of thinking is that his bank may honor the cashiers check as being cleared, but they have the right to pull the money out of his account weeks later if there is a problem with it. Any of you should ask your bank what their policies are to their account holders over depositing non-local money orders and cashiers checks. If they can counterfeit money (even the new $20's), then even Western Union money orders can be faked.

ah, fuck it, if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is.

go to your bank and talk to them about it..?

Hell yeah, i have got three offers like this on my Del Sol. I asked my aunt about it and she said it is a scam that is going on ebay and other sites like this. She actually saw a story about a guy who sold his Mercedes like this and got ripped off. It's becaus it is so easy to make a cashier's check or money order. I told all of them that if they didn't pay me cash, then they would have to go to the bank with me to cash the check before i would give them the keys. None of them ever wrote back :ph34r:

Hey, i got all the emails to these guys, anyone want to bug the shit out of them?? :lol:
Also my emails were EXACTLY the same as lsvtec hatch 93's

i wouldnt fuck with it .... its WAY too easy to scam from outside the country ... happens all the time ... and you have no legal recourse once it does happen.... the athorities cant do shit

not worth the risk

i got 5 differnt fuckers trying the same shit. no legit buyers at all, just 5 people "over seas". i can't beleive no one except these scammers are interested in my car. i should post there emails so we can flood them with fuck you mesages.

Back