Is this doable?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lostsol

Im in the planning stages of building an all motor b-series good for over 200 WHP. my question for the day is can you put an LS crank in a b16 w/ LS length rods, and custom pistons? if it matters what ever block i do use will be sleeved at 84 or 85MM.

thanks
Shawn

it'll work if you want the pistons to slam into the head. the ls block is a few mm taller than the b16...

if you want to make over 200 whp on a b series staying n/a... you are going to need an ls block or a b20 block.

i'm not saying that a 200 whp n/.a b16 hasn't been done .. there is a thread on honda-tech about it right now... but even the guy who did it said it was a huge waste of money and it could have been done a hell of a lot cheaper

it IS possible with custom pistons. The wrist pin is moved 8mm. Why you would ever go through the trouble I don't know. Not worth it IMO.

So, would i have any problems doing the same setup in a GSR block? I will also obe running toda B's and a Toda valve train in a b16 head if thats of any concern.

The block height for the B18A/B and B18C are the same. I'm running an LS crank in a GSR block right now.

Back