Is this tru..... EK LCA's to fit EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Been looking for front LCA's from an Si or GSR to swap onto ny 92 CX. Found this on ebay..EBAY LINKY!

Is this true? will EK front LCA's fit a 94-01 DC2 and 92-00 civic? someone confirm this, I might buy.

matt

Of all the suspension parts I have swapped, I haven't messed with those, but I am pretty sure they do fit. I know there is one new front LCA that doesn't, but I seem to remember it being the 99-00 Si's or something, haven't read up on it in a while.

be the first! thats so cheap why not try it right? i ahve never worked with ek's so i couldnt tell you either

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 14 2005, 01:52 PM
I'll test em...I don't want to jack your part though.

If you want em, you can have em otherwise I'm gonna bid.
[post=487117]Quoted post[/post]​

go ahead...i just might outbid ya.hahah j/k. Actually i just found a built bottom end I want, so this might have to wait, go ahead, just please if you get em..LMk if they work. Very interested.

matt

EM1 99-00 si's DEF won't work. they are a different style.
i'm not sure about the others.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 14 2005, 08:28 PM
EM1 99-00 si's DEF won't work. they are a different style.
i'm not sure about the others.
[post=487138]Quoted post[/post]​

That's more than likely what I was thinking about. There was thread on H-T about this same thing. Some bought Si's because someone said they were the same, and they weren't.

yeah, they are 100% different than every other car. you can't even run full-race traction bars on 'em because of their design.

That said, their option was to swap EK EX LCA's on to the Si to make them work, so length wise, they are the same... but the design of the arm itself is different, and the sway locations are probably a part of that

will a 5th gen front knuckle fit an EK?

I know this is a little off topic but thought you guys might know before I start a new post

thanks

Yes it will, but you have to use the 5th gens upper A arm because they bolt to the chassis different.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 18 2005, 01:04 AM
Yes it will, but you have to use the 5th gens upper A arm because they bolt to the chassis different.
[post=488198]Quoted post[/post]​

you mean you have to use the 5th gen upper arm on the 6th gen chasis if you want to swap say an integra front brake onto a 97 cx hatch?

sorry to go over it again... just wanted to make sure
thanks

No, you want the upper A arm from whatever car you are swapping onto, 6th gen gets a 6th gen, 5th gets a 5th. Reason is one bolts into the side of the shock tower, and one bolts into the front.

So if you are swapping brakes onto a 6th gen, you use the 6th gen upper A arm, and the Integra knuckle.

Back