Is this ture?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JimJewy

Has anyone here ever actually seen one of these? The only one i have seen was a purpose built drag team car. I heard someone at one of the shops saying he was trying to copy someone who did this. is this crap?

Steph Papadakis and Adum Saruwatari both run turbocharged NSX motors in their EP chassis Civics.

**edit** Steph's NSX motor is mounted up front and Adam's motor is mounted behind him in the car. they have custom frames built for their cars so they can have those motors in the cars.

Signal Auto has an FF NSX powered civic

as far as putting one in your moms civic....not a chance in hell

they had to make totally custom front controll arms and mounts, not to mention a custom radiator, fiberglass front , and motormounts

buddy told me that monster garage attempted the swap, dont know if true, but why would someone do that isnt the nsx almost as light as the civic, i know there isnt a big difference

Originally posted by Vtec=V8 killa@Nov 19 2003, 04:12 PM
buddy told me that monster garage attempted the swap, dont know if true, but why would someone do that isnt the nsx almost as light as the civic, i know there isnt a big difference

1996 Acura NSX T AT 3208
1996 Honda Civic CX HB MT 2222

Big difference

Originally posted by preluderjs+Nov 19 2003, 07:15 PM-->
Vtec=V8 killa
@Nov 19 2003, 04:12 PM

1996 Acura NSX T AT 3208
1996 Honda Civic CX HB MT 2222

Big difference

NSX = $80000 supercar
Civic = $15000 econobox...

also big difference

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Nov 19 2003, 09:11 PM
www.madahvimotorsports.com

These guys did it with a CRX. They Mid- mounted it in the back and the car is totally streetable, and they sell the kit to complete the conversion. Go to the site and click on ' CR-NSX" It fuckin rules

link doesnt work...

It's actually Madhavi motorsports, but i still can't find a site. That project sounds badd ass though. I actually thought about that, and how possible it might be when i had my Rex. I thought it might be cool to cut out the back of the cabin of a Del Sol, you know, the part right behind the seats. Then use that in the crx to block the cabin frm the engine bay behind you. But by that time it would probably just be better to try to mount the motor in the back of a Sol, since the fuckin trunk is bigger than the engine bay.

who gives a shit? its only 300 horsepower....

ive seen d-series make more power.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 20 2003, 01:14 AM
who gives a shit? its only 300 horsepower....

ive seen d-series make more power.

But the D is working it brains out to make that power, the NSX motor is doing it in stock form

sorry boyz, a guy from acura told me that, he said there's one piece of steel on the frame and its the cross membrane at the rear, he asid the whole car is aluminum, dont know much about the car

Back