is this worth it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

come get it

I have a gsr with a header and exhaust I wanted to know should I buy a eldebrock 65mm throttle body or not?

Well, I don't know how much a Eldebrock TB is, but I would think its not worth paying over $300-$400 for a 65mm TB, If you want a 65mm TB just send it to Maxbore.com, the guy does them for $100, he has mine off my JDM B16a right now!! Everytime I read about people installing bigger TB, they say they get better throttle response, so I'm looking forward to that. And the $100 is way worth it, because even if you just have a i/h/e now, you might boost later or go NA and it will be already done. Thats the way I look at it!!!

Originally posted by hondadriver@Dec 15 2004, 10:32 PM
Well, I don't know how much a Eldebrock TB is, but I would think its not worth paying over $300-$400 for a 65mm TB, If you want a 65mm TB just send it to Maxbore.com, the guy does them for $100, he has mine off my JDM B16a right now!! Everytime I read about people installing bigger TB, they say they get better throttle response, so I'm looking forward to that. And the $100 is way worth it, because even if you just have a i/h/e now, you might boost later or go NA and it will be already done. Thats the way I look at it!!!
[post=432940]Quoted post[/post]​

That's what I'm going to do.

I did mine myself. I wasn't sure what to do at the plate so i just tapered it up to original size so theres no air escaping. I did it on both sides of the TB, the intake mani and the head. Too bad its going into the white hatch and not the red one, I'd like to feel the difference now.

I think I should gain a "little" throttle response from that engine. What about you?

you won't see much out of a larger TB, even with the skunk2 mani.

Back