Is Yugo part of Ferrari or what?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

look at what the car is listed under. it says Yugo. i was wondering what the Yugos looked like and when i searched this came up.

No its a POS 308 ferrari. I own a 1986 Yugo GV and its pile ass rabbit looking thing.

ehh, no big deal , just kinda confused me for a sec. Ferrari for cheap though. It would probably break down quick though

those ferrari's go pretty cheap because the repairs on those things will cost you more then the car.

You dont' know what a Yugo looks like ? are you 9 ?

-> Steve

yeah i know what a Yugo looks like. Honestly i had heard of them before but never saw one until i looked at the pics on HS, i forgot who has that one they want to do a d series swap in. But other than that i've never seen one in real life.

I come from a small town where people drive shitty cars, but damn, not that shitty.

Yugos were a concept ahead of their time, actually.

Well, not the car.. but the US sales of them. The Yugo has been enjoyed by ex-communist bloc countries for almost a decade - Pretty much the way we got them - before we got them.

The Yugo was brought to the US by a man named "Malcolm Bricklin", who I speak to pretty regularly via the "Bricklin Mailling List". Malcolm is also known for the 1974 Bricklin SV1 "sports" car. He had worked to bring the Yugo to the US for a cheap price, in an answer to the gas crisis that killed his beloved sports car.

But he was too late. Hyundai had beat him to the punch - and for an extra $1000 you could pick up the Excel, which totally whipped the Yugo's ass. Another problem is that the Yugo was brought to the US without any updates. It had thicker bumpers, but they were tool steel and rusted within a year. The electricals were hazardous and the car proved to be a piece of shit.

Then Yugoslavia, now in two pieces, fell to shit as well. The factory was burned down, and rebuilding in a war-torn country is tough on the insurance.

Still today ex-soviet communities enjoy the use of little Yugos and other russian side-projects. Like Ural, ZIL and GAZ cars. And you think that those are like Yugos - Think again. A Zil usually has a 600 hp twin turbo V8.

-> Steve

Back