itr alternator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tom's CIVIC

help me with my jdm 96 itr swap. the alternator is dying and im not sure of which alternator will work. I would like to save some money and get a obd 2 gsr alternator, but im not sure that it will work. I have called up acura and they say that the part numbers are different, and then i have went to autozone and they say that all the integra alternators are the same(there is no engine option when they punch it up on the computer). Any help would be great, thanks.

The different part numbers are more than likely because they have more than one manufacturer they use.

the GSR and the ITR altonators are diffrent the best thing to do is lisen to the honda guys becuse they know what the motor needs. auto zone is not a honda dealer they sell remaufactured parts and some new parts. what motor do you have????

ya boy steveo

The GSR uses a Denso, the ITR uses a Mitsubishi, same with the starters, yet a ITR mitsu starter fit perfectly on my B16A that had a Denso.

Get the cheaper GSR one, if it doesn't fit or plug in exchange it for the ITR one, pretty easy really.

thanks guys, i already got an teg alternator, but it didnt help out my dimming problems... there goes 200 bucks huh? o yea the motor i got is a 96 jdm itr motor... my dimming problem goes like this... everything dims if im under 49 miles, it doesnt matter if im in gear or not it still dims and if i rev the motor to like 5k or over it doesnt dim no more regardless if im in gear or not., imma look to see if a connection to my tranny may be loose, or perhaps its my voltage regulutor? and yes i do have a sound system in my car, but i know its not that, because iv'e had it for about 2 years and iv'e only had this problem for like 3 weeks.

Also, have you checked your altenator belt? Battery?

yes i do have a cap and well my alternator is new and working along with my battery, because i got them tested after (not b4 hence the lost of money) i put in the new alternator....

Altenator belt, did you get a new one? Is tension correct? Sounds like you altenator isn't spinning enough down low, could be related. Your battery may be on the way out, even if it test "good", it may still be having trouble holding a charge.

i think its the voltage regulator, because i dont have the problem till about 15 mins later after i start the car up.. it cant be the alternator because if im over 49 mph the lights brighten up to normal, then i step on the clutch it still stays lit up.. as soon as i drop down below 49 they dim again.. if it was the alternator in anyway i wouldnt have this problem... now i have to figure out how to change the voltage regulator...

Check tension on the belt. Check grounds to see if any are loose. Get the alternator and battery tested. Sure, look into the VR.

Back