Itr Chet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chet

to those who didn't know...i destroyed my b16a3 block a few weeks ago.

so i ordered a type R block from honda and its finally running. all OEM parts were used, minus a hondata intake manifold gasket which was purchased at secret services here in florida. i've only put 200 miles on it so far...and only taken it into vtec twice although it pulled hard for the 2 or so seconds i was there...

once i hit 1000 miles the motor will be ready...but overall i'm very happy and hopefully i'll make decent power when i dyno in a few weeks.

The R is strong in that one....The R must be used wisely......

J/k .............sweet Chet glad to see it came together good.

Yeah, nothing is better then the best honda motor ever made! w00t, Very nice! :thumbsup:

i'll have pictures up tomorrow...

also...i did purchase a brand new ITR head as well...so my entire longblock is brand new...

next...a brand new 4.4 ITR transmission...

Originally posted by chet@May 1 2003, 05:01 PM
i'll have pictures up tomorrow...

also...i did purchase a brand new ITR head as well...so my entire longblock is brand new...

next...a brand new 4.4 ITR transmission...

wtf? you need to donate some of that "extra" money over here, i need a quaiffe, you can paypal to me @ mikeoutland@hotmail.com :D
good to hear she's up and running man

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@May 1 2003, 07:48 PM
Yeah, nothing is better then the best honda motor ever made! w00t, Very nice! :thumbsup:

umm... wrong buddy. the b18c5 is the best B series motor honda has ever made. deffinantly not their best ever.

need i say F1.

glad to hear you got it up and runnin chet

no its the best ever, the f1 is not that great

best is a matter of opinion, not fact

cuz frankly, IMO, the b16b is a much better built motor than the ITR will ever be.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 2 2003, 05:50 AM
cuz frankly, IMO, the b16b is a much better built motor than the ITR will ever be.

i am not doubting you but how so? what makes you say that?

the CTR motor is basically the same as an ITR motor. it has a better rod/stroke ratio and makes less power.

i'd rather have an ITR motor because it makes more power. it may not rev quite as well...but it makes way better power and a LOT more torque.

and 4.7 final drive may be too short with this setup...hence the reason i'd like to go back to 4.4.

Back