1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

itr cylinder head swap in a gsr

Discussion in 'Integra' started by morenaje05, Apr 12, 2009.

1. morenaje05

morenaje05 New Member

if i were to put a itr cylinder head in a gsr motor will it still run the same or what would be the good and bads or if anything any help please. and if i can then what can i do to mkae better?

2. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

Poor mans type-R, google search videos, its been done.

3. oyy0

oyy0 Sleepy...

The poormans is the b16 head on a gsr block.
    A ITR head is not considered something a poor man can buy. :)

4. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

The Type R head and intake manifold are the same as a B16's, the casting is the same but the cams are different. I could be wrong though, from what ive always heard is theyre are the same so its pointless spending the extra cash just because its from a B18c5 engine. Then again I could be mistaken. Of course a non GSR head on a GSR block to me is still a POOR MANS TYPE R.....IMO. :)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  5. oyy0

oyy0 Sleepy...

no way, the b16 head doesn't have anywhere as near as good flow as the ITR. well it does but it still does not flow as good and the b16 does not have dual valve springs.
    now the intake manifold is pretty much true but not completely.
    still... the ITR head goes for twice as much as the b16... its just too expensive.

6. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Not worth it at all. Not for the price anyway. Neither head is all that much better than the other. Its mostly the components used in them that make any difference. Minus that, the type R has minor head work and the GSR has quench combustion chambers

7. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Valves, springs, retainers (maybe), throttle body and overall tuning are what sets the ITR engine apart from the other B series variants.

Flow is debateable. Has any reputable shop ever compared a ITR head to a B16 head or a GSR head? If not then it doesnt really matter.

I do agree buying a Type R head is pointless because you can always send a good core to a GOOD porter and flow more for less (in some cases)

Ya...

If you do do this swap you will need a new headgasket, valve cover gasket set and upper radiator hose.

8. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

agreed.

you'll gain like 3 hp out of it, and end up spending 1500 bucks (head, fluids, gaskets, intake manifold, p73 ecu)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted