1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itr, Gsr Or B16a

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by RFHOMI2U, Apr 3, 2003.

1. RFHOMI2U

RFHOMI2U Senior Member

Camshaft just went on my d16z6. Trying to figure out if I should just drive the car without breaking 5,000 rpm's for 2 months and save for a b-series, or if I should replace the cam. Just for ideas, (working with a limited money supply) What motor will be more worth the money? Keep in mind i'm not trying to build "a super-duper street racing machine" but still want a descently fast car. What swap would be the best for what i'm looking for and how much would it cost??

2. civ90hb

civ90hb Senior Member

trade me cars and give me like $1500 cash and there ya go haha. If you want something soon i say go Ls or Zc. Those aren't too hard to find and do pretty decent.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

:withstupid: :werd: GSR is a great motor.

4. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

In a CRX stay with the Z6. It'll get REALLY fun with a mild turbo kit like the GReddy.

Also, which cam did you install?

5. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

dude, pic any of the above. well maybe not a boosted d-series cause you will have to get custom axles and replace the tranny more often than with a b series, but you will be happy with a b16, b18b, or b18c. they are all good tuning platforms. just pic one.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted