ITR Head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iquark

I am loking at an ITR head right now, and I was wondering if there was a way to tell if it for sure was an ITR head? I know there's the casting code, and it says PR3-4 on it, but isn't that the same as the B16A2?

That's what I've been told, so yeah...it's a B16 head but I don't know if it's specifically an a2 head since the ITR came out in 97 and the a2 came out in 99.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 15 2004, 10:43 PM
That's what I've been told, so yeah...it's a B16 head but I don't know if it's specifically an a2 head since the ITR came out in 97 and the a2 came out in 99.

See, my head I have now is a PR3, but I can't remeber if it's a -4 or not, but it definitely cam out of a 99-00 SI, so in the morning when I have light, I'll go out and check it. But does anyone know if ITR's are like PR3-"X" or something?

The head casting for ITR CTR and GSR are as follows...

The GR-R is P72 gen 3

The IT-R is P73 gen 3

The CT-R is P73

The Civic Si is P30

The P73 refers to vtec integra and the PR3,PR4 refers to vtec civic on almost all the parts except the cams they are the same except in the Si civic which is P30.

hope this helps

that wont help at all.
the ITR head casting is exactly the same as the B16, PR3.
only way to really tell is if you can notice the slight port on the intake side, check to see if there are ITR cams in the head, and check to see if the exhaust side is using dual valve springs.

It ended up going for 735, and I wasn't prepared to pay that for a just the head and valve train without looking at it in person, or knowing people who could vouch for the guy. thanks for the help though. I guess I'll just have to stick with my CTR cams in my B16 Head, almost as good anyways.

From what I have found so far, this includes USDM, JDM, and EDM ITR heads, the casting codes are PR3-2 and PR3-3. I have have not yet found one single B18C(5) that has PR3-4 on it, just B16As have PR3-4 on them.

Back