itr header look alike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That thing looks good, but I think i would go for the real thing at $100 more.

its pretty much a pile of shit

there is a 12 page thread about it on honda tech

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=966076

the first 5 pages are pretty worthless (just interested people and hype)
page 6 on is people who have recieved it complaining about everything from shitty weld quality to fitment issues (bolt holes not lining up to the head bolt holes not lining up to the head, exhaust ports not lining up, etc)

no dyno comparison available (other than a review by Newman from jdmshit.com, who was selling a very similar product that produced 9 less HP than a real JDM ITR header)
one guy posted a dyno chart on the last page .... but he has other mods and didnt post a before and after for this header so the dyno chart is pretty much useless (IMO)

if you dont mind going through the bullshit of dremmeling out the bolt holes, exhaust ports, smoothing out the shitty welds, etc... and have no way of possibly comming up with the extra $100 for a the real one, then this header might be the choice for you

personally after reading others reviews of it, i would stay FAR away from this piece
the old saying remains true..... "you get what you pay for" :thumbsdown:

I'd rather get a DC, at least it will fit right.

yeah i am going to head with a dc header does anyone know where i can get one for around 150-175? i keep on reading they are so cheap but i can't find them cheaper then 275-300 bucks!

Ebay, classifieds. I got mine for $150 NIB from a guy that bought it then didn't install it.

didn't install it what did you do with it? welling to sell??

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 8 2005, 11:22 AM
yeah i am going to head with a dc header does anyone know where i can get one for around 150-175? i keep on reading they are so cheap but i can't find them cheaper then 275-300 bucks!
[post=442968]Quoted post[/post]​

http://www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/Stores/DCSpor...cc20867398f00b8

That's cheaper than 275 :ph34r:

Thats the cheapest company sold one I've found, Ebay is probably going to be your best bet on finding one cheaper as 92 said.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 9 2005, 03:38 AM
didn't install it what did you do with it? welling to sell??
[post=443174]Quoted post[/post]​

He didn't install it :)

so are those ebay ones any good? or just save my money and go with a dc header? also is there a major difference with the one for an integra and the one for the civic? the one for the integra just hangs a little lower right?

Back