ITR in an 00si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

t3t4si

It's time for a new engine the b16a2 lost compression and i dont feel like rebuilding it. :( I'm now stuck with my 00 civic si and lookin for a new engine. I want to keep it in the obd2 range, but i have the crap obd2b car. I was just curious to see if that would he a hard swap to accomplish since i have an obd2b harness and want to put a obd2a ITR engine in the car. Can anyone help me out with some pointers that might make the swap easier.

the engine harness will be the same
the ECU plugs will be different
you could probly get away with using your stock ECU and something to tune it with
for all the mounts and harness shit just use the stuff from the Si

oh yeah and if you plan to use the JDM ITR 4-1 header (or the older 4-2-1 manifold) you will need to modify your cat to fit it

and i have heard lots of people having problems with B16 headers not clearing the oil pan on the other (taller) B series engines

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 20 2004, 03:55 PM
oh yeah and if you plan to use the JDM ITR 4-1 header (or the older 4-2-1 manifold) you will need to modify your cat to fit it

and i have heard lots of people having problems with B16 headers not clearing the oil pan on the other (taller) B series engines

buddy had a dc b16 header and it would not fit on his gsr just to add to what you said.

Originally posted by turboB20hatch@Apr 21 2004, 08:49 PM
buy a b16b bolt that shyt in and have your ecu reprogramed

and what the fuck is the point of that?????????

B18C5 > B16B

Back