ITR sway bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EJ1chevelle

hey will a ITR front sway bar fit a 92-95 ej1? i have one lined up for $40 and want to make sure it will bolt right up before i buy it.
thanks

ok thanks. i just installed full adjustable omnipowers today and love them and im going to start getting the sways, lca's, and rear strut bars all hooked up. nice and stiff is how i want it. and BTW omnipower streets are the tits.... ride like butter

Nice it should handle even better with the big sway bars too. Make sure to upgrade the rear sway bar too if you want to really tear up the corners.

You might also need the mounting brackets from the ITR bar as well since it's larger.. I don't know if you're getting those as well.

im just going to get the front for now until i can afford the lca's, subframe brace and rear sway bar. i am in college so i have to save for this shit unfortunately. i am looking into the rear upper strut bar thought cause they are pretty cheap. do they improve much anything?

They'll help, but the sways will make a much bigger difference. I'm happy to see you already know the right way to do it though (subframe brace) :D

haha yea... ive been around hondas a few years now and have learned the ways. i was on a different froum but i cant get back on something happened with my login and it locked it. I have a 93 EJ1 thats my DD but my project car too. im working on suspension right now and turbo this summer is my next big step. :D

what do you think about the ASR subframe brace? i see alot of people using hem so im assuming worth the money huh? i also was looking at a 32mm hollow ITR rear sway bar.... undecided if i want that beefy or not.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but it looks like a nice setup. If you don't want to drop that kind of cash you can also go with something like this Type-R rear swaybar mounting/reinforcment kit. I used to be on team-integra for awhile and a lot of people have used his kit with good results. But it's not quite as nice looking as that ASR setup. Looks like if you want to use the 32mm rear bar you have to have the subframe brace as well.

That looks like a really serious setup! I might be a little concerned about getting some bad snap oversteer or lift throttle oversteer with something like that on a street car. Looks like a really mean setup though, I wish that was around when I had my GSR..

well i dont think ill go that serious because it is my DD and once i go turbo it basically defeats all auto x purposes so im just going to make it handle nice for when i decide to shred some twisties with some buddys. im into that but love strait line power more. (hint: the chevelle in my user name).
I like the looks of the ASR... im kind of a looks snob. i want to go with the blox anodized blue LCA's to match my Rays extended blue lugs. like i say though this is all just plans i have to save up the money between school and other stuff. I have heard nothing but good things about the blox... any experience?

I would definitely prefer the ASR setup over what I posted up there too.. just wanted to throw that link out there in case you were looking for a cheap alternative. As far as the LCA's go I don't have any personal experience with them, but they look a lot like the more expensive ones I've seen around so I'm sure they'll work just as well. With something like a control arm I'm sure everybody just copies each other since it's a relatively simple part to machine..

wOTQxMjIyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I love the way that setup looks.. I would definitely buy one if I had the car to put it in :D

what setup is that and how much? ill look into it... looks sweet. needs some different lca's though.... those will set off that setup.

that 32mm ASR bar is FAPTASTIC!

i have a 21mm ITR bar on my mirage. love it!

definately need some sort of bracking through. i tore the shit outta mine, but its all fixed now. ended up going a different route with brackets and making it more lancer-OEM-ish with the mounts. works way better.

that is just bling bling over kill! i have had the beaks kit for like 2-3 years now with no problems and great stability.

but if you had a beaks kit made for your car would it have torn? we dont know for sure. my beaks kit has been like i said a very excellent piece i have never had issues with. i installed one for a friend as well and he never had problems and was way more active in the autox/track world than me. i have seen the very few posts about them tearing out but i think i have only seen maybe 2 cases.

Back