It's about time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xaero3953

Rest In Peace
As many of you don't know, a few weeks ago I went out of town to visit a dying relative in Costa Rica. He ended up dying late on that Sunday. When I left, a friend of mine needed a car to borrow for a while, he was in the process of buying his own. I lent him my Ex.

When I got back, deeply depressed and scared, b/c my uncle that died, died of the same cancer I have, I found my civic in the driveway with oil EVERYWHERE. Turns out, he didn't get the oil change I told him it needed, and apparently he rev'd it too high, and completely shattered the #4 rod. It blew a nice hole in both the block, mains, and oil pan. He tried, he gave me $300, which I'm sure most of you know is nowhere near enough. I went through and yanked the motor out and overhauled it with higher compression forged pistons, oversized by .02" I had to machine most of the entire bottom end, shout-out to CITY motors, and after replacing the belts, water pump, gaskets, seals, etc... It's ready to be put back in.

Hopefully I can get it in sometime this week, Though the schedule is very busy. I'll update with Pics when the motor is in. Just very excited and decided to post.

THATS WHY I'M HESITENT TO LEND MY CAR OUT, not that i don't want to lend a car to help someone out in need, but its hard to trust certian peeps.

Quoted post[/post]]
As many of you don't know, a few weeks ago I went out of town to visit a dying relative in Costa Rica. He ended up dying late on that Sunday. When I left, a friend of mine needed a car to borrow for a while, he was in the process of buying his own. I lent him my Ex.

When I got back, deeply depressed and scared, b/c my uncle that died, died of the same cancer I have, I found my civic in the driveway with oil EVERYWHERE. Turns out, he didn't get the oil change I told him it needed, and apparently he rev'd it too high, and completely shattered the #4 rod. It blew a nice hole in both the block, mains, and oil pan. He tried, he gave me $300, which I'm sure most of you know is nowhere near enough. I went through and yanked the motor out and overhauled it with higher compression forged pistons, oversized by .02" I had to machine most of the entire bottom end, shout-out to CITY motors, and after replacing the belts, water pump, gaskets, seals, etc... It's ready to be put back in.

Hopefully I can get it in sometime this week, Though the schedule is very busy. I'll update with Pics when the motor is in. Just very excited and decided to post.
You built a motor that a rod went thru?
props to CITY MOTORS for sure!
Congrats! i wish my motor blew :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
You built a motor that a rod went thru?
props to CITY MOTORS for sure!
Congrats! i wish my motor blew :cry:

Technically no, I got both a used block and oil pan from the great ppl here on HS. (erebunicrx, and scottp11) But CITY did help a hella lot and some place called J.I.S. did a little, but I wouldn't really recccomend them, especially if time wasn't an issue.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

When I got back, deeply depressed and scared, b/c my uncle that died, died of the same cancer I have, I found
which cancer would that be?...i had cancer...in remission for about a year now..

It's hodgkins lymphoma. Not really horrible, but like 1500 ppl die every year from it.

Back