It's always the quiet ones...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just ban the assault knives, the big kitchen knives and hunting knives are fine.
but this happened with a kitchen knife. how are we supposed to use this incident to get knee jerk legislation if the accused used an "ok" weapon???

:disgust1:
you are all completely missing the gun grabber view on this one

19 injured
12+ hospitalized
several seriously injured requiring surgery
all of them are going to live

so guns are still the problem... because if it was a gun he used instead of knives there would be more injured and several dead

knife attacks are great for the gun grabbers

because sure they cant stop attacks like this from happening
and sure people who cant readily access a gun will still find another way to cause others harm
but thanks to the absence of a gun all victims will survive this violent action

had the 12+ (or even just several of them) died instead of just being injured then they would be talking about banning high capacity military style assault kitchen knives... instead its just more fuel to the anti gun argument... "more people survive when guns arent used"

Ban any kind of item that could possibly be used as a weapon. That means no chairs, desks, utensils, pens, pencils, notebooks, backpacks, plates, etc.

:disgust1:
you are all completely missing the gun grabber view on this one

19 injured
12+ hospitalized
several seriously injured requiring surgery
all of them are going to live

so guns are still the problem... because if it was a gun he used instead of knives there would be more injured and several dead

knife attacks are great for the gun grabbers

because sure they cant stop attacks like this from happening
and sure people who cant readily access a gun will still find another way to cause others harm
but thanks to the absence of a gun all victims will survive this violent action

had the 12+ (or even just several of them) died instead of just being injured then they would be talking about banning high capacity military style assault kitchen knives... instead its just more fuel to the anti gun argument... "more people survive when guns arent used"
You're right that that will be the argument. They wouldn't want to hear the fact that after the first gunshot, the school would have gone to lockdown. In this case, I think wielding a knife allowed them to go unnoticed for a longer time frame.

That's a bit of a stretch. The fire alarm was pulled and could have been just as likely pulled if he had a gun.

The point is that people who want to do harm to others are going to do harm to others regardless of rules or regulations. I think the epidemic we are seeing is a much more psychological issue than regulatory issue.

I think the epidemic we are seeing is a much more psychological issue than regulatory issue.

The regulatory issue is a problem in itself. Crap laws get passed to make it look like they're doing something while hurting everyone else in the long run.

It's always the quiet ones? I'd put money down that a type A personality will cause more violence than any bookworm. How many bar fights are started by quiet people?

yes, but your argument could be countered with a simple question of:
how many wars have been waged by your definition of the typical "type A" personality that would willing provoke a bar fight?

i'd say that most were caused by intelligent, quiet, collected, productive personalities. producing much more devastation and violence than an everyday thug in a bar.

but, having said that. i agree with you. lol.

Back