Its finally here. The Bugatti Veyron Review

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that was a bad ass car :worthy: but I dont even bother day dreaming about those type of cars they are so far out there.

:yucky: british humor blows

Saw it a few days ago when it was first posted. Awsome episode. I love how he compares the McLaren to the Bugatti. The Veyron is truely and ungodly car. 1000 horses in a plush package you can ride in.

i love the HP needle

and a few things that need repeating
at WOT it will burn through 100 liters (26.41 gallons) of fuel <span style="color:red">in 12 minutes</span> (at 250mph that works out to a little less than 2mpg)
and at 200mph the engine is sucking in 10,000 (yes, ten thousand) gallons of air per hour (i have no idea what a normal car does... but that just sounds damn impressive)

Quoted post[/post]]
and at 200mph the engine is sucking in 10,000 (yes, ten thousand) gallons of air per hour (i have no idea what a normal car does... but that just sounds damn impressive)

It just feels wierd to have something that E doesnt know...its like the earth is slowing down.

Incredible video. Again, Top Gear is the best automotive show in the world, doing the best car in the world.

I am really impressed by that car. They demonstrated that the average person doesn't own a Bugatti supercar, because the average isn't capable of owning own.... regardless of their paycheck.

It's more akin to pilotting a spaceship than it is a car. Imagine your car manual suggesting "Perform a few checks before engaging this car in speeds over 200 mph"

2 million dollars - what kind of plane can that buy you ?

Wouldn't the Bugatti actually be more practical ?

Holy shit. That's what made this important. Even at 5 million dollars were I an executive shopping for a plane, I would ditch it for a Bugatti.

They didn't show the air brakes though - And I'm surprised. (The wings fold and nest to form an airbrake)

Here is how the LA Times speaks it:
The Veyron has a lot of other tricks up its carbon-fiber sleeve. When the brakes are activated at high speed, the rear wing tilts to 70 degrees, creating what is effectively an air brake — should the 15-inch carbon-ceramic disc brakes not prove to be enough. Here is a fun fact: In a panic stop from 253 mph, the Veyron comes to a halt in less than 10 seconds — hard enough to pull the sunglasses off your face.

The 12 seconds for a tank of gas thing is a safety feature. At it's top speed, the tires will melt shortly beyond that.

They'll melt.

This car is a 4 wheeled superlative.

Jeremy Clarkson has a GT40, but he couldnt possibly hope to own a veyron. thats sad.

the ford GT costs $140,000.00
the bugatti costs $1,750,000.00

theres a bit of a difference there

im just saying. the GT is expensive for me...what does that make the bugatti

I think the best part of the whole part is the comparison of the Bugatti to the Concord.

it will be gone soon, and then... what the hell are they going to think of next?

I really wonder when 300mph will be a thing of the past for road cars.

itll take some time, but the question is: When we have the technology will we still be runnin on petroleum?

Clarkson described it perfectly - comparing the Bugatti to the Concorde. Uselessly fast, hugely expensive, and thirsty as f00k. But it breaks down all the supposed barriers about speed.

It costs VWAG close to 2.5 million to build the car, and they are only selling it for 1.5 million. Benchmark car.
Sad thing being, I doubt well see anything close to this car in the near future.

Back