1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack shaft ?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by donelsonbill, Oct 16, 2006.

1. donelsonbill

donelsonbill New Member

i got a 90 CRX putting a b18a in out of 91 acura, did not get the jack shaft with the motor got one off e-bay but bolt holes will not line up. he said it would work for that year ? can some one help?:( trying to get going befor the snow flies here in Iowa.

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

you probably didn't get a 'jack shaft' because there is not a 'jack shaft' on a B18, or any other B-series motor, or any passenger vehicle on the road for that matter. A jackshaft is the device used to turn the wheels on a train locomotive...

Maybe you could be more specific as to what you are referring to so that we could better help you find what you're looking for.

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you probably got the intermediate shaft (salvage yards do list them as jack shaft) from the 86-89 Integra D16A1, which is different from the 90-93 Integra B18 intermediate shaft - you need the intermediate shaft from 90-93 Integra - you could also use one from 94-00 Integra by using the 94-00 driver's side axle and changing the seal on the driver's side of the transmission where the intermediate shaft goes in

4. donelsonbill

donelsonbill New Member

yes, you are right i's not a jack shaft, i have heard it called that and called half shaft, and intermeadent shaft. sorry.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted